RE: [8thdivmodern] Florida Hurricanes

  • Robert Cook
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4, 2004
      Got hit with two out of four. It's a mess around the Tampa area, just got our telephone service back today. My father-in-law's place (next door) still doesn't have power. We had a tree put a hole in the roof with H. Frances, and a large cluster of trees went down in the yard with H. Jeanne Thanks to neighbors, friends, a cousin, and my stepson, I've got it all picked up and put out at the street so now the county can come along and pick it up, roots and all. But we were luckier than a lot of other people.

      Bob Cook
      D/708th Maint. Bn. 70-71

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2004
        Message
        Bob
        Glad to hear you and your family are safe.
        Jim Turner
        3/68 Armor 69-71

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2004
          Message
          Thanks Jim,

          Bob Cook

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2004
            Message
            Bob,

            Sounds like you've definitely had your share this time round.  Best of luck getting it all sorted out, and here's hoping that Florida has now fully met its severe weather quota for the next few decades.

            Matt Ginn
            1/39 Inf (M) & 4/12 Inf (M)
            Baumholder FRG
            1986-1989

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2004
              I went down during Frances....took supplies to the
              port richey area. I hoped we helped out. I work for
              emerson electric. It was a bitch to drive but we got
              the supplies there......Jeff
              --- Robert Cook <amcalbob70@...> wrote:

              > Got hit with two out of four. It's a mess around the
              > Tampa area, just got our telephone service back
              > today. My father-in-law's place (next door) still
              > doesn't have power. We had a tree put a hole in the
              > roof with H. Frances, and a large cluster of trees
              > went down in the yard with H. Jeanne Thanks to
              > neighbors, friends, a cousin, and my stepson, I've
              > got it all picked up and put out at the street so
              > now the county can come along and pick it up, roots
              > and all. But we were luckier than a lot of other
              > people.
              >
              > Bob Cook
              > D/708th Maint. Bn. 70-71

              http://vote.yahoo.com
            • Robert Cook
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
                Message
                Matt,

                If we haven't met that quota yet, I'm seriously thinking of leaving permanently

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9, 2004