8th Signal Battalion

  • Chris and Rick Franda
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
      Although I've frequently thought about my time of service and have experienced it in my dreams (more times than I ever thought that I would), save for one fruitless search two years ago for information, this will be my first contact (hopefully) with anyone who has served in the 8th ID. My years of service at 8th ID were Nov 78 to Dec 81. My unit was A Company, 8th Signal Battalion, 8th ID. I frequently worked with the Air Force collecting weather data for HQ. Maybe there is someone out there who worked in my unit, or, the Weather Net.  Rick Franda
    • Robert Cook
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        Rick,

        Welcome to the arena. We're one big happy family here, squabbles and all. But the one thing we can all agree on, our experience in the 8th ID was probably the most, or at least a very important period in our lives. I spent a year in Vietnam with the Americal Div before going to the 8th. As you probably know, we've got members dating from the mid 50's all the way till the division deactivation in the early 90's. And i wouldn't be surprised to hear that there are some from WW II. Again,Welcome to the group.

        Robert Cook
        B & D Co 708th Maint Bn
        Finthen and Mainz Dec 70 - Dec 71

        Although I've frequently thought about my time of service and have experienced it in my dreams (more times than I ever thought that I would), save for one fruitless search two years ago for information, this will be my first contact (hopefully) with anyone who has served in the 8th ID. My years of service at 8th ID were Nov 78 to Dec 81. My unit was A Company, 8th Signal Battalion, 8th ID. I frequently worked with the Air Force collecting weather data for HQ. Maybe there is someone out there who worked in my unit, or, the Weather Net.  Rick Franda

      • Turner, James L
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
          Message
          Rick
          There is a database of 50 or so names you could check, just click database in the menu on the home page, feel free tp add ypur name to the database.Also feel frre to put up memories, ask questions, etc. That's why this is here. We also have alot of photos in the home page, just click photos.
          Welcome and good luck making contacts, we are linked to other 8th id sites.

          Jim Turner
          3/68 Armor 69-71

          Although I've frequently thought about my time of service and have experienced it in my dreams (more times than I ever thought that I would), save for one fruitless search two years ago for information, this will be my first contact (hopefully) with anyone who has served in the 8th ID. My years of service at 8th ID were Nov 78 to Dec 81. My unit was A Company, 8th Signal Battalion, 8th ID. I frequently worked with the Air Force collecting weather data for HQ. Maybe there is someone out there who worked in my unit, or, the Weather Net.  Rick Franda

        • Matthew Ginn
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2005
            Those of us with links to 8th Sigs will probably already know about it, but I thought I'd sent it along for the record: