7259RE: Re: [8thdivmodern] Memorial Day

  • hasefuesschen
    Oct 31, 2013

       I was with the 8th Admin Company in Bad Kreuznach  1965 to 1966  and 1970 to 1974

      ---In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, <8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Feel free to tell everyone where you were or nobody will have a reason to reply.  I was with the 8th Admin Company in Bad Kreuznach for most of 1966 attached to the levy team cutting orders for people to go to VIetnam.  I was also involved with the special service theatre group that did the traveling shows at the different installations around the 8th ID.  I absolutely loved the town and would have gladly spent my tour of duty there but alas, it wasn't to be.  After we sent so many folks off to the other side of the world they had to replenish the ranks and I was sent off to B Co 1/39 to be a track driver and squad leader as an 11B until I took a blast for some more years to go to signal school.  Would love to make a trip back to Bad Kreuznach, it was a wonderful place to be stationed.  By the way, I've heard the band play and you guys were pretty good!

      SP 6 John Paro
      1st Signal Brigade
      459th Signal Battalion
      Nah trang, Vietnam

      Sent from my iPad

      On May 28, 2013, at 8:05 PM, WHEEZER <wheezer@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I've been a member for several years, but have hesitated to post any messages because I've never seen anyone from Bad Kreuznach.  Seems like everyone was at Mainz, Baumholder, Mannheim, etc.

      Vern Deuel
      8th Inf. Div Band
      1963-1967

      On 5/28/2013 3:27 AM, Matthew Ginn wrote:
      Same to you, Jim D, and the rest of the fellows as well. Am raising a cool one in the direction of all 8th ID vets, even as we speak.

      Matt Ginn
      1/39 Inf (M)
      8th ID (M)
      Baumholder FRG
      1986-1989

      On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM, dannegger@... <dannegger@...> wrote:

      This is my first year as a member, just wanted to thank everyone for their service and the pleasure of chatting, with some of you.

      Jim Dannegger, 1/59 ADA 68-71 Mainz.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic