Crack down on spectators keeping animal fighting alive

  • Humane Society of the United States
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2012
      The Humane Society of the United States
      You probably saw our touching video about Honey, rescued by our Animal Rescue Team from dogfighting. Take a stand against cruel animal fighting and help more animals like her»
      Did you miss Honey’s story? Watch it here.
      Trouble with links or images? View this message online.
      Humane Action
      humane action

      January 5, 2012
      Humane Action shareShare on FacebookShare on TwitterSend an Email

      No Spectators, No Sport

      Dear Michelle,

      Over the past decade, Congress has strengthened the federal penalties for animal fighting numerous times, but has left one major gap in the law -- there is no penalty for attending an animal fight. It's the spectators who fuel dogfights and cockfights with their admission fees and gambling wagers. The Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act (S. 1947/H.R. 2492) has been introduced to prohibit knowing attendance at an organized animal fight and to impose additional penalties for exposing a child to this violence and blood-letting.

      Please make a brief, polite phone call to Senator Orrin G. Hatch (202) 224-5251and Mike Lee (202) 224-5444, and Representative Rob W. Bishop (202) 225-0453, urging co-sponsorship of S. 1947/H.R. 2492. Don't forget to send a follow-up message. Thank you.
      Wayne Pacelle
      Wayne Pacelle, President & CEO

      line
      Humane Action

      Science Supports Ethics

      Great news -- The Institute of Medicine has confirmed that no area of biomedical research requires the use of chimpanzees. It’s time to end harmful experimentation on these majestic animals. Take action»

      Humane Action

      Hit the Books

      Dive into animal advocacy at Humane Society University. The Spring 2012 term offers six online courses to further your education within the humane movement. Apply today»

      humane action

      Healthy Living

      Our director of public health and animal agriculture, Dr. Michael Greger, has released his latest DVD on human nutrition. Eat right»

      humane action

      War Horse

      Steven Spielberg’s new epic examines the bond between a boy and his horse. See the film; then take action to protect America’s horses. More»

      join us
      FacebookTwitterYou TubeFoursquare
      More from hsus
      Shop Humane DomainWayne's blog

      © 2012 The Humane Society of the United States | All rights reserved | 2100 L Street, NW | Washington, DC 20037 humanesociety@... | 202-452-1100 | humanesociety.org

      We are committed to protecting your privacy, so your email address will NEVER be sold, rented, or exchanged. This message was sent to 84015dogs@yahoogroups.com. Visit your subscription management page to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop ALL email from The Humane Society of the United States, click here (or reply via email with "remove" in the subject line).