Garage door rain guard. Re: [7x10minilathe] Something to stand on

  • Gregg Eshelman
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- Harvey White <madyn@...> wrote:

      > I need something that is perhaps a bit higher... we
      > get a lot of wind
      > driven rain every now and then.
      >
      > Although I will consider it, and thanks.
      >
      > (got too much stuff to do right now, new floor for
      > dining room/living
      > room and paint both...)

      How does the ground slope around the sides of the
      garage? If there's somewhere lower down that the
      water can be piped too, you could rent a concrete
      saw and install a drainage grate across the driveway
      in combination with a better door bottom seal and
      threshhold.

      =====
      "When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Harvey White
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2003
        On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 00:09:17 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

        >--- Harvey White <madyn@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I need something that is perhaps a bit higher... we
        >> get a lot of wind
        >> driven rain every now and then.
        >>
        >> Although I will consider it, and thanks.
        >>
        >> (got too much stuff to do right now, new floor for
        >> dining room/living
        >> room and paint both...)
        >
        >How does the ground slope around the sides of the
        >garage? If there's somewhere lower down that the
        >water can be piped too, you could rent a concrete
        >saw and install a drainage grate across the driveway
        >in combination with a better door bottom seal and
        >threshhold.

        The problem is twofold. One, that this is by the corner of the house,
        and a downhill corner, yet, so there's a fair amount of water running
        by. There's a brick wall that either needs to be rebuilt or
        eliminated. It does not direct water away from the garage.

        The second part is that in common with most houses, the morons who
        graded the land, then poured the driveway, have made the first part of
        the driveway virtually flat.

        I suspect that if I replace the bottom seals of the garage doors with
        something more robust, I'll probably fix most of the problem.

        I've just never quite gotten around to it, though.

        Harvey