Re: [7x10minilathe] Re: sheet metal tool - plasma from HF

  • Gregg Eshelman
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 1, 2003
      --- Dave Mucha <davemucha@...> wrote:
      <clip>
      > HF has plasma cutter that seperates H20 in H's and
      > O's, then
      > recombines them for a seriously hot flame that is
      > only a few mm
      > wide. will cut thru most any metals in thin sheets.
      > Of course, it
      > would heat the metal and change temper and stuff.

      This one?

      <http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45850>

      I wonder if it's anything like what is at
      http://www.phact.org/e/bgas.htm

      =====
      "When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Dave Mucha
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 1, 2003
        Clint, considder lost foam castings. There was a guy on here some
        time ago, WoodDragon i think, and his site talks about his adventures
        in lost foam. He is on the SBlathe site nowadays.

        Dave

        --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, "Clint D" <driggars@e...> wrote:
        > Jackie
        > I do not have much experience working with wood, but will be soon,
        I need to
        > learn to make patterns in my casting hobby. I have a new wood lathe
        that I
        > have never even set up yet and more wood working tools just
        waiting for me

        > You have a great site and business going there
        >
        > Clint

        Service.