Re: [7x10minilathe] Reading is fundamental

  • Syd H. Levine
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 30, 2002
      Funny, but phony looks like.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Michael C Taglieri" <miket-nyc@...>
      To: <7X10minilathe@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 2:35 AM
      Subject: [7x10minilathe] Reading is fundamental

      > I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are some
      > things a man simply cannot resist...
      >
      > Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@...

    • David Wong
      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 30, 2002
        The book is upside down !

        Dave W
        I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are some
        things a man simply cannot resist...

        Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@...

      • Dave Mucha
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
          Hey, it was a public school!

          --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., Michael C Taglieri <miket-nyc@j...> wrote:
          > I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are
          some
          > things a man simply cannot resist...
          >
          > Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@j...
        • MERT BAKER
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
            And, "Hey, it was photo art."
            Mert
            MertBaker@...
            > > I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are
            > some
            > > things a man simply cannot resist...
            > >
            > > Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@j...
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Dave Mucha
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
              I don't know if the photo was 'doctored' and he is certainly not the
              first person to pick up a book and hold it upside down. (go to any
              diner and watch people for a minute or two, 1/4 do that with menus)

              what is funny is that they got a good picture, and it is silly.

              Besides, it took 2 years for him to make a mistake, and that one is
              pretty funny.

              Who was the guy who excused himself to go to the bathroom, got up and
              walked into a closet, stayed there a couple minutes, then came out
              pretending he was drying his hands ?

              Those things are not worth worrying about, but I think he quit over
              that fiasco.

              Dave

              --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., "MERT BAKER" <MertBaker@p...> wrote:
              > And, "Hey, it was photo art."
              > Mert
              > MertBaker@p...

              Service.

            • MERT BAKER
              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                I have a copy of a TM for the MG-42, with the cover stuck on upside down.
                When I'm reading it in the dentist's office, I get strange looks.
                Mert
                MertBaker@...
                > I don't know if the photo was 'doctored' and he is certainly not the
                > first person to pick up a book and hold it upside down. (go to any
                > diner and watch people for a minute or two, 1/4 do that with menus)
                >
                > what is funny is that they got a good picture, and it is silly.
                >
                > Besides, it took 2 years for him to make a mistake, and that one is
                > pretty funny.
                >
                > Who was the guy who excused himself to go to the bathroom, got up and
                > walked into a closet, stayed there a couple minutes, then came out
                > pretending he was drying his hands ?
                >
                > Those things are not worth worrying about, but I think he quit over
                > that fiasco.
                >
                > Dave
                >

                > --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., "MERT BAKER" <MertBaker@p...> wrote:
                > > And, "Hey, it was photo art."
                > > Mert
                > > MertBaker@p...

              • pjwizr_1999
                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                  is that because it's in german, or because you can read it upside
                  down??

                  do you think it might be because some folks would get the wrong idea
                  about other folks who read MG manuals at dentist offices??

                  (partial to the hk33/53 family but I can appreciate the workmanship
                  and appeal of the 34 and 42)

                  "MERT BAKER" <MertBaker@p...> wrote:
                  > I have a copy of a TM for the MG-42, with the cover stuck on upside
                  down.
                  > When I'm reading it in the dentist's office, I get strange looks.
                  > Mert
                  > MertBaker@p...
                • paul_probus
                  Message 8 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                    Please re-read what Mert wrote. He wrote that the *cover* was
                    stapled/glued upside down. Although he did not write it he implied
                    that the rest of the magazine/book is fine.

                    Paul

                    --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., "pjwizr_1999" <pjwizr_1999@y...> wrote:
                    > is that because it's in german, or because you can read it upside
                    > down??
                    >
                    > do you think it might be because some folks would get the wrong
                    idea
                    > about other folks who read MG manuals at dentist offices??
                    >
                    > (partial to the hk33/53 family but I can appreciate the
                    workmanship
                    > and appeal of the 34 and 42)
                    >

                    > "MERT BAKER" <MertBaker@p...> wrote:
                    > > I have a copy of a TM for the MG-42, with the cover stuck on
                    upside
                    > down.
                    > > When I'm reading it in the dentist's office, I get strange looks.
                    > > Mert
                    > > MertBaker@p...
                  • Chris Baugher
                    Message 9 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                      Maybe he likes reading upside down.
                      ;)

                      On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Michael C Taglieri wrote:

                      > I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are some
                      > things a man simply cannot resist...
                      >
                      > Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@...
                    • Strickland, Bill Mr
                      Message 10 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                        Ive never owned a 42 but have fired one several times.
                        A guy in Bham had one. I was really impressed at the engineering features
                        and quality of workmanship, even on one made in wartime. They are a quality
                        product.

                        bill in alabama

                          > is that because it's in german, or because you can read it upside
                          > down??
                          >
                          > do you think it might be because some folks would get the wrong idea
                          > about other folks who read MG manuals at dentist offices??
                          >
                          > (partial to the hk33/53 family but I can appreciate the workmanship
                          > and appeal of the 34 and 42)
                          >

                          > "MERT BAKER" <MertBaker@p...> wrote:
                          > > I have a copy of a TM for the MG-42, with the cover stuck on upside
                          > down.
                          > > When I'm reading it in the dentist's office, I get strange looks.
                          > > Mert
                          > > MertBaker@p...
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • MERT BAKER
                          Message 12 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                            Yep. A re engineered '34. Less machine work, more stampings, every bit as
                            reliable, and the barrel change idea is the best ever designed, IMO. MA is
                            a state where you can own an MG, but I can't afford one thanks to Mr. Huges.
                            Mert
                            MertBaker@...
                            > Ive never owned a 42 but have fired one several times.
                            > A guy in Bham had one. I was really impressed at the engineering features
                            > and quality of workmanship, even on one made in wartime. They are a
                            quality
                            > product.
                            >
                            > bill in alabama

                          • Ron Yost
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                              At 02:35 AM 10/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:
                              >I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are some
                              >things a man simply cannot resist...

                              LOL .. good one, Mike! He's probably asking the little girl what it
                              IS!

                              Ron
                            • Dave Mucha
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                http://www.snopes.com/photos/bushbook.htm

                                well, seems Bush was slandered agin.

                                but, it was a funny pixture.

                                --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., Michael C Taglieri <miket-nyc@j...> wrote:
                                > I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are
                                some
                                > things a man simply cannot resist...
                                >
                                > Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@j...
                              • luskwyo
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                  If Gore was there he would tell the kids he wrote the book.
                                  If Clinton was there he would have to ask them what "is" means ?
                                  Shane
                                  --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., Michael C Taglieri <miket-nyc@j...> wrote:
                                  > I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are
                                  some
                                  > things a man simply cannot resist...
                                  >
                                  > Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@j...
                                • Syd H. Levine
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                    spoken = slander
                                    written = libel

                                    > > I've been trying to be good and stick to machining, but there are
                                    > some
                                    > > things a man simply cannot resist...
                                    > >
                                    > > Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@j...

                                  • Syd H. Levine
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                      wutsa pucture? wutsa lible? A phony picture is libel, I suppose.
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                        Are you talking about the Lincoln monumnet one ?

                                        --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., j.w.early@w... wrote:
                                        > Ive got an even better one of willey willy around here somewhere if
                                        anyone
                                        > wants a rebuttal argument.
                                        > JWE
                                        > > And, "Hey, it was photo art."
                                        > > Mert
                                        > > MertBaker@p...

                                      • Dave Mucha
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                            I am not sure I understand,

                                            just WHY is Hillary looking and smiling do much ?

                                            Seems doctored pcitures are just comedy and you can't tell when it is
                                            the real thing.

                                            I remeber some years ago, Hillary on the magazine cover in a white
                                            dress, wind blowing it in the air, White House front lawn, and a pair
                                            of mens undershorts stuffed with what most men would be proud to own.

                                            Dave

                                            --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., "James Early" <j.w.early@w...> wrote:
                                            > Ok here are Billery giving some kids an educational experience.
                                            Photo
                                            > probably by the same guy that did the one Mike posted.
                                            > JWE
                                            > Long Beach, CA

                                          • Brian Pitt
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                              On Tuesday 01 October 2002 16:27, you wrote:
                                              > Spoken = slander
                                              > Written = lible
                                              >
                                              > then what is a pucture ?

                                              its worth a thousand words ;)
                                            • Ron Yost
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                                At 05:48 PM 10/1/2002 -0700, you wrote:
                                                >Ok here are Billery giving some kids an educational experience. Photo
                                                >probably by the same guy that did the one Mike posted.
                                                >JWE
                                                >Long Beach, CA

                                                ROFLMAO!!!!

                                                Thanks!!

                                                Ron Yost
                                              • Ron Yost
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Oct 1, 2002
                                                  This site is kinda' old now, but still hillarious ..
                                                  or is that hillaryous?? :)

                                                  http://www.startingpage.com/html/monica.html

                                                  Ron Yost
                                                • Dave Mucha
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Oct 2, 2002
                                                    Hi Brian,

                                                    too funny !

                                                    I especially liked the last one.

                                                    Dave

                                                    --- In 7x10minilathe@y..., Brian Pitt <bfp@e...> wrote:
                                                    > On Tuesday 01 October 2002 16:27, you wrote:
                                                    > > Spoken = slander
                                                    > > Written = lible
                                                    > >
                                                    > > then what is a pucture ?
                                                    >
                                                    > its worth a thousand words ;)
                                                  • Paul W. Chamberlain
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Oct 2, 2002
                                                      Sorry... couldn't resist jumping in.

                                                      Picture title: "Man's best fiend"

                                                      Paul, Central OR

                                                      James Early wrote:

                                                      >Ok here are Billery giving some kids an educational experience. Photo
                                                      >probably by the same guy that did the one Mike posted.
                                                      >JWE
                                                      >Long Beach, CA

                                                    • Clint D
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Oct 2, 2002
                                                        hehehehe!
                                                        Clint

                                                        > Ok here are Billery giving some kids an educational experience. Photo
                                                        > probably by the same guy that did the one Mike posted.
                                                        > JWE
                                                        > Long Beach, CA

                                                      • Clint D
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Oct 2, 2002
                                                          Defiantly RONFL
                                                          Clint

                                                          > >Ok here are Billery giving some kids an educational experience. Photo
                                                          > >probably by the same guy that did the one Mike posted.
                                                          > >JWE
                                                          > >Long Beach, CA

                                                          ----
                                                        • Clint D
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Oct 2, 2002
                                                            Just like the Liberals say all the time, Freedom of Speech unless it is
                                                            against them
                                                            Clint