Re: The upcomming Republican Majority OT:

  • dave_mucha
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      Richard Nixon.

      > Again dave, ... Just when was the "REAL" last "Fiscally Responsible"
      > administration?

      Although Reagan set the stage for future growth, he did spend beyond his means.

      Clinton was a disaster. clutching defeat out of a surplus, he left us in a recession. He set up the problems of home mortgages we have now.

      Nixon :

      The result is a spending program of $200.8 billion, an increase of just $3 billion over projected expenditures for this year. Taking inflation into account, Nixon is really advocating a reduction in federal purchasing power. Even so, the budget projects a surplus of only $1.3 billion, a precariously fragile barrier against an inflationary deficit.

      Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,876541,00.html#ixzz0gvAyjh7C
    • dave_mucha
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        have you ever noticed that you cannot refer to anyone with their actual names ?

        you, as far as I can tell, have never made a derogatory comment about anyone on the left, and have never made a complimentary comment about anyone on the right.

        I know common sense just bounces off, but ALL gov't is against you and I. You will never benefit from gov't unless the gov't benefits more.

        What do YOU think YOU will gain with the new health care ?
        do you think your rates will drop ?

        Are you getting/paying $25,000 a year in health care now ? so your plan will be taxed ? (expect if you are in a union, or in Louisiana, Florida or Minnesota, or a member of congress ) ?

        Do you not have health care, so you will one-day, far off into the future, be able(forced) to buy health insurance ?

        or, are you like the rest of us, paying around $10,000 a year out of your own paycheck, and hoping the new increases by adding a whole new branch of gov't does not add more than a few thousand to your costs ?

        Fiscally responsible would be for the new health care to have, as it's first line, a net REDUCTION in health costs, with 100% of the new funding being from the savings. with a cap on costs of the gov't.
        why is it that 20% of gov't employees make over $150,000/year ? including pension and health care ?

        I bet you have lost sight of the REASON for health care.

        Dave

        --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, Bill Kenny <billcnc@...> wrote:

        > Again Davey, ... with your "BIG" talk adout how the Obstructionist (formerly
        > known as republicans)
        > that nearly crashed the economy, ... "YET AGAIN", ... and were supposed to
        > believe them when they had 8 years to address the issue that they know best
        > how to fix it? Are we also supposed to believe they will fix it when their
        > answer before was "Medicare part D?
        >
        > Again dave, ... Just when was the "REAL" last "Fiscally Responsible"
        > administration?
        >
        > And of coarse dave's answer will be the same, ... nothing but ... (CRICKET
        > SOUNDS)
        >
        > On Feb 28, 2010 3:52 PM, "dave_mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:
        >

        > with the dems ramming health care down our throats, we only need 12 seats to
        > take back control of the house !
        > the senate is already a shoe-in.
        >
        > The future is clear that we have 2 years to fix the havoc that was wreaked
        > in the first 2 !
        >
        > talk about aristocratic corporations ! totally working out deals, paying
        > hundreds of millions to a tiny few, all in back room deals without any
        > Sunshine laws being allowed, and totally shutting out any input from the
        > Right.
        >
        > At least the second half of the presidency will have common sense !
        >
        > One has to be drinking the kool-aide straight from the packet to think THIS
        > has been good !
        >
        > Dave

      • James
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
          Mucha, you have repeatedly insulted numerous people on this list with the use of "derogatory" nicknames for them.

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
            The republicants have NO experience balancing a budget. Why would any self-respecting fiscal conservative vote for one of those clowns?
          • Bill Kenny
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
              On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:18 AM, dave_mucha <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

              have you ever noticed that you cannot refer to anyone with their actual names ?

              Really, ... like what? Seems like I call you dave, .. every-time, ... don't I

              you, as far as I can tell, have never made a derogatory comment about anyone on the left, and have never made a complimentary comment about anyone on the right.

              Well, like you said, ... as far as "YOU" can tell. Look back dave, ... look back! I have said lots of things against Obama and a few good ones for bush. If you put your BI-partisan glasses, ... you can see them.

              I know common sense just bounces off, but ALL gov't is against you and I. You will never benefit from gov't unless the gov't benefits more.

              No, ... I benefit from the government daily, ... this is how one stays alive in the days of the right wing corporatist movement.

              What do YOU think YOU will gain with the new health care ?

              I will gain nothing, I have insurance. I have it forced upon me from my employer.

              do you think your rates will drop ?

              Yes, ... I do. It will be most evident after the first couple of years. Lets see, ... how much has the private insurance raised up rates in the last 5 years?

              Are you getting/paying $25,000 a year in health care now ?

              Simply another talking point dave. Do you have any proof what so ever to support your ridiculous statement?

              so your plan will be taxed ? (expect if you are in a union, or in Louisiana, Florida or Minnesota, or a member of congress ) ?

              There is nothing final.

              Do you not have health care, so you will one-day, far off into the future, be able(forced) to buy health insurance ?

              I have it already and guess what, ... MINE went "UP" 39% from the "PRIVATE" extortionist insurance company's.

              or, are you like the rest of us, paying around $10,000 a year out of your own paycheck, and hoping the new increases by adding a whole new branch of gov't does not add more than a few thousand to your costs ?

              Now either you are lying or, ... well your lying.

              I said on this group that I was paying 8,000 a year and I was told I was lying because the figure was just to high to be believable. Please make up your mind.

              Fiscally responsible would be for the new health care to have, as it's first line, a net REDUCTION in health costs, with 100% of the new funding being from the savings. with a cap on costs of the gov't.

              No dave, the "MOST" fiscally responsible thing to do is "Medicare part E". Would you support the CBO in scoring "Medicare part E"?

              why is it that 20% of gov't employees make over $150,000/year ? including pension and health care ?

              First of all, ... I would want proof on your part for that figure. Also, ... Should a government employee make less for the same job in the private sector for a person with the same qualifications?

              I bet you have lost sight of the REASON for health care.

              No dave I haven't, but I see you still cant find it. It's easier to see if you turn of FAUX! They only breed un informed, un educated voter "IDIOTS"!

              --

              Thanks
              Bill
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                take my last 100 posts find those names and post them.
                take the last 10 from bill

                I guarantee that you will find more from him in 10 than me in 100.

                I am not talking about an idiot that refuses to admit documented history as having occurred.

                Bill cannot use the word Republican or say President Bush without adding some derogatory adjectives.

                Dave

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                  two reasons.

                  #1) republicans do not raise taxes on the poor and middle class.

                  #2) republicans are FAR less likely to spend out of control.

                  witness President Bush and his minor spending.
                  witness bama and his careless spending spree !

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                    Medicae-E ? You mean the MUCHA Solution ? I proposed months ago ?

                    Thank you for coming around to my side. I take great pride in your post. Thank you for using common sense.

                    Now, why would you NOT want to control costs ? do you think that moving from private insurance to gov't run will save anything ?

                    Let's take a VERY simple example.

                    your retirement account.

                    Have you put more into social security or your retirement account ?

                    which is worth more per dollar invested ?

                    If you put the same in both at the same time, which would return more to you ?

                    is the gov't solution better ? or is your personal solution better ?

                    Are you willing to turn your entire savings over to the feds and sleep secure knowing your best interests are taking care of ?

                    Dave