Re: More government takeovers OT:

  • techacetoo
    Message 1 of 325 , Nov 1, 2009
      I rather enjoyed the article you linked. Particularly this quote:

      "But why don't we face the truth for once? We liberals do love to hate.

      We know, we know—you refuse to believe it. In some degree, that's why we lose. "

      While reading this I did not find the data supporting your assertion that the "US health care is far from the best in the world."

      I did find data that suggests that we don't have functional competition that can reduce our costs. This I agree with.

      I also saw data which suggests there are many factors not considered in the article that could bias it's conclusions.

      Past that, the article was interesting in that it promulgates complaints about democrat communication being unsuccessful without addressing the analysis behind it, a shortcoming in this article, also.

      I did find that the article supports more competition, in general. And shows where that competition exists, costs are lower.

      So, why don't you support efforts to provide competition here in the US?

      Thomas

      --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, "roylowenthal" <roylowenthal@...> wrote:

      > Please provide a link showing where Obama said what you claim he said.
      >
      > The unpleasant reality is US health care is far from the best in the world, despite being far and away the most expensive. There are some unsurpassed high-tech things that the US does better than anyone else; for the majority of people, who don't need those sorts of treatment, the US system does a poor job at extremely high cost.
      >
      > http://dailyhowler.com/dh082009.shtml
      >
      > (The health care figures start about 1/3 of the way down the page, in the section labeled "Special Report".)
      >
      > Your allegation of 5% is also erroneous; in a previous post, you used some suspect figures to arrive at that number. There's a pretty detailed & accurate set of figures at:
      >
      > http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/hlthins/hlthins.html
      >
      > Roy
      >

      > --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, "dave_mucha" <dave_mucha@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Fine, let's say that there are say, half of half of that.
      > >
      > > Obama flat out lied when he said that going to a single payer opion was to increase competition.
      > >
      > > how can you go from a dozen to one and have competition ?
      > >
      > > But your post is also misleading. Obama said that the public option will NOT be available to anyone, just a small group of about 5% of the peoples.
      > >
      > > What is just so completely wrong about this agenda is that he is breaking the best health care system in the world for only one reason. control.
      > >
      > > providing actual care is not in the bill ! it is easy to provide for everyone, today. and it would cost less than any proposal we have had from washington, and it would not disurpt anyone's health care or any of that.
      > >
      > > Dave
      > >

      > > --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, "roylowenthal" <roylowenthal@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > That >1600 number is a little deceptive; in most states, there are only one or two viable health insurance providers. Don't get misled by the providers that only deal with relatively large groups, like employees at a particular company. They may well offer a nice product, but, it's not available to the general public, including small business employees.
      > > >
      > > > Roy

    • techacetoo
      Message 325 of 325 , Dec 16, 2009
        Sure they did.