Activist Judges? OT:

  • loosecannonsbluesband
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      I just got the word that we are very close to meeting our matching fund challenge for September. We need to raise another $4,196 before midnight tonight. Can you help put us over the top?

      Common Cause is facing its biggest challenge in our 40 year history. The Supreme Court is poised to overturn a century of law and pave the way for corporations to spend unlimited amounts on direct campaigns to elect or defeat federal candidates.

      We have a 3-point plan to
      * minimize the impact of the Citizens United v. FEC decision
      * prevent Congress from taking counter-productive actions (like increasing contribution limits), and
      * enact an alternative system that allows congressional candidates to run vigorous campaigns without relying on big money.

      We will have to take immediate action when the Court issues its ruling later this year. Please donate now to help us prepare for the fight ahead. And if you give before midnight, your contribution will be doubled by a special group of Common Cause supporters.

      http://www.commoncause.org/SeptemberMatch