Re: [7x10minilathe] cross slide trouble

  • Kent Dickerson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
      Well, it finally dawned on me to try taking off the crank with of course it's set screw and remove the two lock nuts and graduated dial. Underneath is a pair of holes  on the nut. Now all I need is to buy or make a spanner wrench to fit. Then I'm sure loosening the nut will solve my lookdown or at least let me get to the problem, Kent

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008

        I'd make a wrench to fit those holes.  Measure the center to center spacing, and drill the shaft clearance hole first.
        Mert