Solidox Welding Kits

  • Michael Taglieri
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 25, 2008
      I have a Solidox welding outfit, which uses little oxygen sticks instead of
      tanks of oxygen. The sticks look like fat cigars and release oxygen when
      burned (similar to the "oxygen candles" used in airline oxygen equipment and
      some military applications). The kits are long out of production, largely
      because anarchists discovered that the sticks could be used to make bombs.

      I'm always looking for Solidox pellets (for welding, not bombs), so if
      someone has a Solidox kit please let me know. (Or if you see one cheap at a
      yard sale, please get it for me -- they tend to go for $5-10 because the
      family of the person who originally bought the kit have no interest in it).

      Thanks for any help people can give me with this. Eventually I'll have to
      change to bottled oxygen, but I'd like to keep using Solidox as long as I
      can.

      Mike Taglieri miket_nyc@...
    • Mert Baker
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 31, 2008
        All the plumbers I watched doing soldered copper piping used Prest-o-lite torches.  Until the throwaway propane cylinders became common.  Mert