Storage stuff

  • threecreeks3
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
      I found this stuff reading the craftsman tool forum.I haven't bought
      any of it nor have any connection to the company.The trays look like a
      handy way to build storage into a workbench,I think I'll have to order
      a few to try them out in the future.That said I just put together a
      sears workbench for the lathe and mill to sit on.I bought it thru the
      online catalog.My stuff has to be mobile and easily broken down to
      move so I figured I'd try this.I added a 1/8''x5'' steel plate with
      casters to the bottom of the legs with 1x1 angle iron all bolted
      together,this makes the bench a bit high but I'm tall and use
      adjustable office chairs in the shop as I can't stand for long periods
      of time anymore.All in all I cant really recommend the sears work
      bench as the steel is just too thin and it came with some nice bends
      from shipping I beat out also the bolts and screws aren't great.Only
      good things are right now they are on sale and it comes with a good
      heavy wood top and it has nice drawer slides.I'll have to cut plywood
      for the drawer bottoms and for the bottom shelf as I'm positive they
      would bend from anything put in or on them.Btw I put the super cheap
      auto type carpet you can buy at carpet stores in the bottoms of my
      tool boxes and chests then spray it with 1 of the cheap spray lubes
      for me that helps keep my tools in a bit better shape.Hope this helps
      someone out there.
      Sam
      http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&cat=1&p=43326
    • Dave Mucha
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
        >Btw I put the super cheap
        > auto type carpet you can buy at carpet stores in the bottoms of my
        > tool boxes and chests then spray it with 1 of the cheap spray lubes
        > for me that helps keep my tools in a bit better shape.Hope this helps
        > someone out there.
        > Sam

        I got the tread from a treadmill. very useful stuff to line drawers
        with.

        also makes a nice runner for the shop floor.

        Dave
      • AnaLog Services, Inc.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
          They have the shelf hangers I have been looking for.  Thank you for posting this!

          My dad used these to put shelves in his attic 50 years or so ago.  I want to use them in the second floor of one of my storage buildings.

          Incidentally, that place is a bit over priced.  I use the fast-mount system in my shops and pay about half their price even at retail.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
            Wrong search parameter...I was using shelf bracket rather than shelf hanger.

            With the right search, this turned up:

            These things are really great.  Cheap and fast shelving, and these people have many variations and all the hardware to do it right.  I will be putting some in one of the new shops as well.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
              --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, "AnaLog Services, Inc."
              <analog@...> wrote:

              > Wrong search parameter...I was using shelf bracket rather than shelf
              hanger.

              > With the right search, this turned up:
              >
              > http://www.quickshelf.com/
              >
              > These things are really great. Cheap and fast shelving, and these
              people have many variations and all the hardware to do it right. I
              will be putting some in one of the new shops as well.

              Those do look like great hangers.I made something similar for the
              last big shop I had.I used 3/16 chain and eyebolts that were freebies
              with freebie rebar as the cross over.Your right that place isnt cheap
              I just liked the trays.Who knows a bit of searching I might be able to
              find them at a better price.Im glad the info helped you find what you
              wanted.
              Sam