Re: [7x10minilathe] Re: Fw: House progress pictures

  • Gregg Eshelman
    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 1 2:09 AM
      --- jcastanton <johns@...> wrote:

      > We are planning a kitchen refurb and have been
      > buying new appliances
      > on Ebay and Craigslist and designing the kitchen
      > around them. If you
      > are patient you can get premium items at less than
      > retail for the regular ones.

      My folks bought all but two of their Aristocraft
      brand 'cherry' finish cabinets at an auction. They
      were returns for various piddling little cosmetic
      defects. The two units they bought new to finish the
      job cost more than all the rest did.

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
    • ralph_pattersonus
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 9 8:09 PM
        If you want the real hot-dipped Galvanized fasteners for your fence
        project, go to the chain-link fencing department at the builders
        store.

        --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, "roylowenthal"
        <roylowenthal@...> wrote:

        > They always look like they've gotten the thinnest possible
        > electroplating, instead of old fashioned hot dip galvanizing. I'm
        > far enough inland to not have salt spray issues, generic galvanized
        > stuff rusts anyway.
        >
        > Roy
        >
        > --- In 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com, "AnaLog Services, Inc."
        > <analog@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Plated fasteners are not what they used to be. I now use
        stainless
        > fasteners for most outdoor applications since plated only seem to
        > last a short time anymore. I have noticed that hot dipped zinc
        > hardware is still good like the screws they use on these metal
        > buildings I have. But typical hardware store fasteners seem to
        rust
        > badly in a year or so. I am suspicious the plating is not what it
        > once was, but I am also in the lower Ohio valley where the air is
        > nasty. I stock lots of stainless here, so it is easy to use it;
        not
        > so easy otherwise.

        Should