Re: [7x10minilathe] OT: Problem

  • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
    Message 1 of 119 , Dec 1, 2005
      I believe they switched to aluminium on the lower
      wings so that it could fire rockets. Aluminium skin
      was more dificult to repair than doped canvas.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jim Shaffer
      Message 119 of 119 , Dec 29, 2005
        John,

        Let's try again, as others have explained in the past.
        If the plane's engines are running under more or less full power (jet,
        prop, or turboprop) the moving conveyor belt is only an extraneous,
        but irrelevant bit of information. Engine propulsion is a reaction
        with the airplane and the surrounding air, and has nothing to do with
        the wheels or the ground, except as those items cause frictional drag
        when the plane is accelerating to takeoff speed. The conveyor only
        affects wheel rpm which, assuming the bearings don't fail, does not
        affect takeoff.

        Jim