      Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2014 7:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [7x10minilathe] Re: OT: Subaru engine wiring

      No, I needed the cam tool to remove a cam sprocket to replace the rear part of one of the timing belt covers. When I unbolted the front part of the cover, one of the 3 captive nuts broke out of the rear cover. Since the other 2 are on the bottom of the cover, I replaced it to have a fastener on the upper part of the cover.

      The timing pulley retaining bolt problem recurred because the new bolt I used was about 3mm longer than the original. That was enough to let the bolt bottom out in the crankshaft hole instead of properly clamping the timing & drive pulleys against the shoulder on the crankshaft. (The original bolt had stripped the threads out of the crankshaft - I tapped the hole to the next larger size.)

      Roy
    • Show all 74 messages in this topic