230336Re: [7x10minilathe] OT: It happens again and it caused by mental illness

  • Ian Newman
    Jun 8, 2014
      Hi Dean,

      I'm afraid you are displaying your ignorance of European history.

      England has been at war with France (on and off) for over a thousand years.  Germany has been a traditional ally of England throughout that time.

      It was only in 1914 that the concept of fighting on the same side as the French and fighting against Germany became a reality.

      In the above context, the quote (which is a twist on the original saying from the Napoleonic War and originally was "England will fight against Napoleon until the last drop of Prussian, Austrian and Russian blood") takes on a rather different meaning.

      All the best,
      Ian

      PS You still have not identified the freedoms that you believe you have in the USA that I am denied in the UK.

      On 8 Jun 2014, at 23:48, "'dean_cascio@...' dean_cascio@... [7x10minilathe]" <7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The Germans have always said the English will fight to the last drop of French blood.
      PS
      All of the transports used by the Commonwealth troops on D-Day were made in American, As well as all of the fuel and food. Hard to run a military without those. Just ask the Soviets, we supplied the same to them.

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android