229956RE: Lathe Bed Regrinding

  • buffumjr18
    Feb 3, 2014

      The depth of wear on the 90 degree ridge, near the headstock, is .004".  The ridge nearest the operator is .002".  Hmmm. Am I being too picky?

      This is a quote, with credits, from cnczone.com.  I'll definitely be checking this out.  Could not find a website, but did find an address and phone number.

      Advance Precision Grinding Co
      29739 Groesbeck Hwy
      Roseville, MI 48066
      (586) 773-1330

      keitholivier keitholivier is offline Registered

      Jul 2007
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      49
      Downloads
      0
      Uploads
      0

      Folks, I did find an outfit in Detroit that had excellent references (from a machine rebuilder) they are Advance Precision grinding. The person I spoke to was Bill, and he said that their going rate for smaller lathe beds is $100/ft. That would make it about $500 for the regrind on this lathe. I did have bids all the way up to $2500, so it just shows that this is somewhat of a supply / demand problem.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic