      From: "buffumjr18@..." <buffumjr18@...>
      To: 7x10minilathe@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, 2 February 2014, 21:34
      Subject: Re: [7x10minilathe] RE: File - Group rules as of 03 September 2009

      Ah.  To shape the board, at least somewhat, so it doesn't become all raves.

      Not an easy task.

      OK.  But, sometimes some of us may feel very strongly about certain people in certain movements or political offices.  Sometimes the antics of a family member are hard to ignore. E.g. Billy Carter.  I guess there are genteel ways of mentioning these, or code words that are not banned.  My Dad used to look at a thug's picture on TV and mumble, "A student of the classics".  We all knew what he meant.

      Still, we of the Conservative orientation, are placed at a significant disadvantage.  The Liberal can always say "racist" or "hater", even if it is not appropriate, or has nothing to do with the person or situation.  We are left with trying merely to state such as we know, without "coloring" it.  That way, the Lib's language has more impact.

      I'll watch and wait, to see how these rules are applied.

    • Show all 202 messages in this topic