Swindon Model Railway Show

  • Robin Edwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2000
      Both Roger and myself had a very enjoyable time at the Swindon Exhibition this weekend and I am very grateful to Roger for all his help and the loan of his rolling stock - I really must build some this winter!  The Swindon club put an a good show to a very high standard.  A new venture this year was the 'Narrow Gauge Hall' which seemed to generate a lot of interest.  We renewed acquaintances with some old friend and made some new ones as well.  Ashcross ran reasonably reliably - I tried to make it fool proof (and it certainly proves I'm a fool when I operate it!) but there were one or two odd random faults that we could not repeat (a bit worrying when you can't trace the fault).  This was the first time in five shows that it has done this and I hope it is not an indication of things to come.

      Black Dog and Avalon were both there and tempted Roger and me - it's hard to reject changing to On9 when you see their range (but we were strong this time and only bought On16.5 items!).  All in all a very good show and an interesting week-end.

      Regards,

      Robin.