Re: [7mmnga] FW: Sentinel Cars

  • Pearcedale
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30 4:29 PM
      Australian Model Railway Magazine published plans of a Western Australian Railways 3'6" gauge sentinel railcar, with a "how to build" article just a few issues back, I'll try and get the reference later.

      Cheers,

      Michael Johnson

      Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:00:14 -0000
      From: "timberbeastmodel" <timberbeast@...>
      To: brian.rumary@...
      Subject: Sentinel Cars

      Brian!   You mentioned the Sentinel self-propelled steam cars a
      couple of weeks ago.  I had been meaning to ask you if there have
      been any plans of these published in GB.  The Sudan Railways had a
      couple of them (I assume they were Sentinels) way back when they also
      had some Baldwins!  I have never seen a picture of these in
      particular, but could settle for some useable plans.

      Bill Roy

    • John Dennis
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
        The exceptionally useful Magindex program shows this to be in the
        December 2001 issue.

        John Dennis

        On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:29:01 +1000, you wrote:

        >Australian Model Railway Magazine published plans of a Western Australian Railways 3'6" gauge sentinel railcar, with a "how to build" article just a few issues back, I'll try and get the reference later.

        John Dennis jdennis@...
        Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
        and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
        Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optushome.com.au/duttonbay
        WebX http://members.optushome.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html
      • Pearcedale
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
          Thanks, John. For the life of me I couldn't find the issue last night, despite the fact I was only looking at it last week.

          The AMRM web site is:

          They don't mention back issues, however I'm sure they would have a back issue or article reprint service.

          Cheers,

          Michael