L&B coach brass kits

  • Martyn de Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2007
      John de Frayssinet, builder of "County Gate", a 4mm layout based on
      the Lynton & Barnstaple is developing a new range of accurate, highly
      detailed etched brass kits of the L&B coaching stock, in conjunction
      with research from the L&BR Trust.

      John says he will also produce 7mm versions if there is sufficient
      demand. I don't know when (the first 4mm kits are expected
      around Feb '08) or how much, but if you are interested, please let
      John know, so he can judge the market.

      Instructions and a photo-sequence of construction are on the County
      Gate web site (see http://www.009.cd2.com ).

      John is also webmaster of a website dedicated to all aspects of
      modelling the L&B: http://www.lynton-barnstaple.cd2.com/

      This post is purely selfish - the more people interested in these
      kits, the greater the incentive for John to produce them, and the
      sooner I can get some to run behind my recently ordered Gibson/EDM
      Manning Wardle when it is ready!

      regards,

      Martyn
    • David Hughes
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2007
        Martyn,

        Definitely interested! Warley encouraged my L&B partner-in-crime and I to renew our efforts with our Barnstaple Town layout.

        David
        7mmNGA #1803

        To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.comFrom: martyn@...: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:27:23 +0000Subject: [7mm NGA] L&B coach brass kits