Re: [7mm NGA] Unknown Manufacturer?

  • stuart
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
      keith
      smallbrook studios
      dont think they have a website
      stuart uk

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Keith" <va3qf@...>
      To: <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:34 PM
      Subject: [7mm NGA] Unknown Manufacturer?

      > Hello group -
      > Maybe someoneout there can help me identify the manufacturer of a
      > range of 7mm kits for locos and rolling-stock? The locos are designed
      > to fit onto Hornby chassis and have names such as Hero, Echo, Clio,
      > Iris, Juno, Etna, Cardea, Puck, Zeus. Do these ring a bell with
      > anyone? Is there a web-site for this manufacturer so that I can see
      > what they look like?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Keith - CAMBRIDGE, Ontario, CANADA
      > va3qf@...
    • Ian Wigglesworth
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
        Keith,

        I have just built one of these, the 'EROS' if you take a look at the
        following link, you
        will see photos of my build progress and the almost completed model.
        Just needs a little bit of finishing here and there.

        http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3773

        The manufacturer is smallbrook studios.

        I spoke with the guy today, very helpful and friendly, also very bust
        at the minute with exhibitions!!

        Ian

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <va3qf@...> wrote:

        > Hello group -
        > Maybe someoneout there can help me identify the manufacturer of a
        > range of 7mm kits for locos and rolling-stock? The locos are
        designed
        > to fit onto Hornby chassis and have names such as Hero, Echo, Clio,
        > Iris, Juno, Etna, Cardea, Puck, Zeus. Do these ring a bell with
        > anyone? Is there a web-site for this manufacturer so that I can see
        > what they look like?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Keith - CAMBRIDGE, Ontario, CANADA
        > va3qf@..
      • mchlpountney
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
          HI,

          Michael Rayner of Smallbrook studios can be contacted by e-mail at:
          smallbrookstudio@..., or snail mail at Smallbrook House,
          Gunville West, Newport, IOW PO30 5LW UK. Interesting range of
          straightforward kits to fit Hornby and Dapol chassis

          Mike Pountney

          Ed Narrow Lines--- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Wigglesworth"
          <ianwigglesworth4@...> wrote:

          > Keith,
          >
          > I have just built one of these, the 'EROS' if you take a look at the
          > following link, you
          > will see photos of my build progress and the almost completed model.
          > Just needs a little bit of finishing here and there.
          >
          > http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3773
          >
          > The manufacturer is smallbrook studios.

        • Keith
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
            Thanks for the info on Smallbrook. There is a dealer here in Canada
            for these kits but as yet they don't have much information on them.
            They order them sight-unseen on an as-required basis for people who, I
            guess, know what they're ordering.

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
              Keith,

              I have now posted some images from the brochure on that web link, may
              help you see all thats available.

              Regards