Re: Re-sleepering a Peco Setrack Point

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
      --- In 7mmnga@y..., "Dave Balcombe" <oldgoat@b...> wrote:
      > Dear All,
      >
      > over the last couple of days I have been experimenting with a Peco
      Setrack point. I needed the smaller radius but did not want to 'bury'
      the sleepers. Not feeling ready to build my own trackwork, I stripped
      down the point and replaced the sleepers. I have uploaded some
      photographs into an album called Re-sleepered point. They should
      explain the method but here are a few notes.

      > I cut the sleepers from a slat of an old Venetian blind and spiked
      them with dressmaking pins with re-shaped heads. To maintain the
      correct gauge, I cut away the old sleepers two at a time and replaced
      with one.

      > Where the swivel part and the wiring were situated, I left the
      original sleeper and built it up with shaped pieces. These were done
      first and then the full sleepers spaced between them.

      > As I did not need the over-centre spring it made things a bit
      easier. To keep the spring would mean a bit of juggling and
      disguising in this area, or using a latching point motor.

      > Hope the pics are of use. If anyone would like further info on
      this, don't hesitate to contact me offline oldgoat@b... and I'll
      explain more fully.

      We seem to have 'lost' a message or two - specifically my reply to
      this message - apologies if it now appears twice!!

      I wrote something like......

      No, no, NO Dave. Write the process up for Narrow Lines so the
      membership as a whole gets the benefit - we aren't ALL hooked up to
      the Web.
      I'm sure Graham would publish like a shot!!

      Regards,

      Adrian - TLO
    • Dave Balcombe
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        <We seem to have 'lost' a message or two - specifically my reply to
        this message - apologies if it now appears twice!!

        I wrote something like......

        No, no, NO Dave. Write the process up for Narrow Lines so the
        membership as a whole gets the benefit - we aren't ALL hooked up to
        the Web.
        I'm sure Graham would publish like a shot!!

        Regards,

        Adrian - TLO>

        Adrian,

        It's in the pipeline already. I put it here first because I know that there are a couple of chaps that were waiting for this info ASAP.

        Regards

        Dave Balcombe UK

        Website updated 1st of every Month

        http://www.teetering.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

        Outgoing Emails are automatically checked for viruses

      • Graham Spencer
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
          Adrian -

          In the words of Corporal Jones - "Don't Panic!" Dave & I have this well
          under control...watch that space!

          Graham