Re: [7mm NGA] New Member

  • Alan Rogers
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007
      Reg

      Howard's suggestion for the Surrey Area Group is very flattering but I feel that we might be stepping on toes if we stepped forward. SAG boundaries are famously elastic but it's more as a result of members moving out of area and wanting to stay in touch than a bid for world domination!

      Obviously, which local area group you join is ultimately down to you but there is an active 7mm narrow gauge modelling group in the Basildon Model Railway Club, many of whose members are also members here. They have exhibition layouts and a wealth of expertise. I think you could do much worse than pay them a visit.

      Gerry, Wheels, Lambchop - that's your cue!
    • Gerry Bullock
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007
        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Alan Rogers <post@...> wrote:

        > Reg

        > Obviously, which local area group you join is ultimately down to you
        but there is an active 7mm narrow gauge modelling group in the
        Basildon Model Railway Club, many of whose members are also members
        here. They have exhibition layouts and a wealth of expertise. I think
        you could do much worse than pay them a visit.

        > Gerry, Wheels, Lambchop - that's your cue!

        You forgot our other 7mmNGA member Rob, Alan as I did when I gave Reg
        a personal invitation to visit Basildon tonight.
        No doubt Reg will comment (good or bad) on this invitation.
        He may well get sidetracked as Secciole Salina is being assembled
        tonight for a dry-run prior to Pewsey on Saturday.
      • Peter Whitehead
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 16, 2007
          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry Bullock" <gtb13.wensley@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Alan Rogers <post@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Reg
          >
          > > Obviously, which local area group you join is ultimately down to
          you
          > but there is an active 7mm narrow gauge modelling group in the
          > Basildon Model Railway Club, many of whose members are also members
          > here. They have exhibition layouts and a wealth of expertise. I
          think
          > you could do much worse than pay them a visit.
          > >
          > > Gerry, Wheels, Lambchop - that's your cue!
          >
          > You forgot our other 7mmNGA member Rob, Alan as I did when I gave
          Reg
          > a personal invitation to visit Basildon tonight.
          > No doubt Reg will comment (good or bad) on this invitation.
          > He may well get sidetracked as Secciole Salina is being assembled
          > tonight for a dry-run prior to Pewsey on Saturday.

          I've been a memeber of the 7mm NGA for 5 or 6 years now and live in
          Basildon and have never heard of this area group before is it
          something new or do they hide their light under a bushel?

          Peter
        • Gerry Bullock
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 16, 2007
            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Whitehead" <petwhitehead@...> wrote:

            > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry Bullock" <gtb13.wensley@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Alan Rogers <post@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Reg
            > >
            > > > Obviously, which local area group you join is ultimately down to
            > you
            > > but there is an active 7mm narrow gauge modelling group in the
            > > Basildon Model Railway Club, many of whose members are also members
            > > here. They have exhibition layouts and a wealth of expertise. I
            > think
            > > you could do much worse than pay them a visit.
            > > >
            > > > Gerry, Wheels, Lambchop - that's your cue!

            > I've been a memeber of the 7mm NGA for 5 or 6 years now and live in
            > Basildon and have never heard of this area group before is it
            > something new or do they hide their light under a bushel?
            >
            > Peter

            Certainly not Peter BUT if you read carefully above you'll note that
            no-one said it was an area group (there isn't one I know of).
            It clearly states Basildon MRC which happens to have a strong NG
            section which is more than can said of many other Clubs local to the area.
            If Reg joins we'll then have 5 7mmNGA members amounting to 12.5% of
            the membership and that's not counting a couple of others who have NG
            layouts.
            As the Club is on your doorstep perhaps you should give us a call.
            However I have to add that Club layouts currently being built are as
            follows:
            OO tail chaser, O gauge based upon Dynas Mawddwy and an On30 single
            Tram "Push & Go" Kid's layout as an alternative to Thomas style layouts.
            GerryB #2777
          • Peter Whitehead
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 16, 2007
              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry Bullock" <gtb13.wensley@...>
              > > I've been a memeber of the 7mm NGA for 5 or 6 years now and live in
              > > Basildon and have never heard of this area group before is it
              > > something new or do they hide their light under a bushel?
              > >
              > > Peter
              > >
              > Certainly not Peter BUT if you read carefully above you'll note that
              > no-one said it was an area group (there isn't one I know of).
              > It clearly states Basildon MRC which happens to have a strong NG
              > section which is more than can said of many other Clubs local to the
              area.
              > If Reg joins we'll then have 5 7mmNGA members amounting to 12.5% of
              > the membership and that's not counting a couple of others who have NG
              > layouts.
              > As the Club is on your doorstep perhaps you should give us a call.
              > However I have to add that Club layouts currently being built are as
              > follows:
              > OO tail chaser, O gauge based upon Dynas Mawddwy and an On30 single
              > Tram "Push & Go" Kid's layout as an alternative to Thomas style
              layouts.
              > GerryB #2777

              Thanks for the correction and information I may take you up on the
              invite. Will contact you off list.

              Peter (2420)