Re: [7mm NGA] How to find a price when selling a layout

  • Nicholas Tozer
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume Veenhuis"
      <smalspoorcompagnie@...> wrote:

      > Apart from the question of what to ask for them, I simply can not
      > bring myself to selling my layouts. They are all very 'me'.
      > I once sold a part of a modular club-layout and the new
      > owner 'improved' it. All my artistic input gone! I then decided it
      > would be better to scrap layouts - but I never did.

      As a regular attendee of model exhibitions (as a trader) I see a lot
      of layouts come and go with some developing during their time on the
      circuit ... but the saddest sight for me is always the layout that has
      been sold on and "improved" by the new owners! I am thinking in
      particular at the moment of a beautifully realised NG layout that I
      spent many a happy moment enjoying (especially so after the creator
      advised me with a straight face that he "couldn't get it up in the
      bedroom"!. This layout has now been sold on, remains on the circuit
      and is being "improved" by the new owners in a manner which will in
      effect reduce a work of art to the status of mere painting.

      Nick
    • martincoombsuk
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Roy Wood <lodgecot@...> wrote:

        > I'm sure it went for over £7000 - but it is/was
        > exceptional
        > Roy Wood

        Hi Roy
        Just done a search on the 7mm archive, and I quote the following:

        <Just been watching the Ditchling Green sale on ebay - £3900+ it went
        for!!! Wow. That's a lot of money for a small layout - albeit a
        fabulous piece of modelling workmanship. And it's been bought by a last
        minute bidder - literally in the last few minutes of the sale.>

        I wasn't far out.

        Regards

        Martin
      • Roy Wood