[7mm NGA] Re: Paragon Website

  • narolines
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 5, 2007
      I've just tried, both directly and via a Google link, and got exactly
      the same problem as John.

      Graham

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, DLTaylor <DLTaylor@...> wrote:

      > Thats odd, Duncan website is working perfectly for me, I've just
      tried it.
      > At <http://www.duncanmodels.co.uk/>
      > Dave.
      >
      > --On 05 July 2007 11:58 +0000 mugshot882000 <john.g.waldron@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > -Dear All,
      > >
      > > I'm experiencing the same problem on Duncan models website too! What
      > > is going on?
      > >
      > > John Waldron
      > > 2224

    • Rop van Duijne
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 5, 2007
        I've found the info about the RCL-items on the following URL:
        http://www.narrowgaugeandindustrial.com/price.htm

        From their homepage there isn't a link to that page as far as i can
        see, strange... According to the ordering information the address
        seems to be the same as Paragon, in any case it is the same Welsh village.

        Hope this helps,

        Rop

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "narolines" <graham@...> wrote:

        > I've just tried, both directly and via a Google link, and got exactly
        > the same problem as John.
        >
        > Graham

        [snip]
      • Guillaume Veenhuis
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 5, 2007
          I have ordered from them a few times in the past, but in 2005 there
          were delays due to health problems for owner Ray Ollier. I hope he
          is o.k now - but perhaps someone knows about this and about the
          webshop not being available.

          Guillaume

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume Veenhuis"
          <smalspoorcompagnie@...> wrote:

          > It's been like this (website unavailable) for a while now, as I
          > noticed when I was looking for places to buy detailing-items.
          > Shop closed perhaps?
          >
          > Guillaume
          >

          > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, DLTaylor <DLTaylor@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear All,
          > >
          > > I can't find the Paragon Narrow Gauge website, please can
          anybody
          > assist or
          > > shed any light on this?
          > >
          > > Thanks very much,
          > >
          > > Dave.T

        • Paul Martin
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 5, 2007
            Allow me to explain as far as I can...

            RCL kits were developed and sold by Roy Link, originally from his own
            website

            Several years ago production and sales moved to Paragon, based in the same
            village, to allow Roy to concentrate on publishing

            This arrangement didn't work out and Roy took the models back in house but
            didn't re-release them.

            Several issues of NG&I ago Roy offered the range for sale

            That sale has gone through and, whilst I know who to, it will be announced
            in the next issue of NG&I due towards the end of the month unless the new
            owner wishes to say something sooner. It's not for me to say who it is or
            what their plans might be.

            As a result Paragon's presence has diminished. Their recent adverts have
            only mentioned custom model building. It may well be that they have
            withdrawn completely from retail sales

            Paul Martin

            EDM Models

            _____

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 6, 2007
              Hi Rop,

              Thats the old website, from when Roy was still marketing everything
              himself. I'm amazed its still there, its last update is listed as
              Februaruy 2003!

              Cheers,
              Dave