Re: [7mm NGA] Box File Layouts

  • DLTaylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi P-J
      Please keep your ideas and suggestions coming, its all "grist to the mill"!
      Dave.T

      PS You could start a trend, could a box-file layout be smuggled into exams
      to help relieve the stress and boredom ???

      --On 31 May 2007 18:28 +0000 P-J Sanders <mogbass@...> wrote:

      > Hello, the box file idea was primarily for a layout in 7mm scale narrow
      > gauge in a box file, and was seperate from the Gn15 discusion, which I
      > do not want to get involved with. As soon as i have finished my GCSE
      > exmas (in a few weeks) I will be building a box file layout anyway. I
      > still think it would be a good idea for a online compertion, but I will
      > post my photos when it is done. Until then, Bye P-J

    • Roy Wood
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        > Hi P-J
        > Please keep your ideas and suggestions coming, its
        > all "grist to the mill"!

        I'll second that PJ! What does PJ stand for anyway?
        Will you tell us or have I missed it?

        As to a layout in a box file, I think it's a great
        idea and one I could get interested in myself (DON'T
        hold me to that anyone!)

        As the owner of a 7mng layout and a 7mm O gauge layout
        I don't see a problem with a seemingly frivolous extra
        ( I already have a little 16mm ng ready for that 'day
        in the future' and guess I'm probably not alone in
        having lots of interests along these lines - pun not
        intended). You never know, it could be fun. In fact, I
        think I can hear my Lister reving up already!

        regards to all
        Roy Wood
      • P-J Sanders
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hello all, Its P-J here again. right firstly, P-J, stands for Peter-
          John as my over enthusiastic parents gave me 2 first names and me and
          my mates are lazy so it gets shortened to P-J. Now onwards. Box File
          layouts. So far I have got my hands on a stock of 4 or so box files. My
          plan is to build one end-to-end shunter thingy in 2 of these, end to
          end with sceincs in one and fiddle yard and more secnics in the other,
          but so that all the bits (minus stock and my multi-layout controller)
          all fit in these 2 boxs for storage. there will be a CD size turntable,
          and stub point connecting thr various spurs. the next plan is to make a
          0-16.5 contiuns run in as few box files as possible so that when i get
          bored of operating the BVR I can just put a bagnall onto ever decresing
          (or not) circles. Till next time Bye P-J (peter-john Sanders)
        • P-J Sanders
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2007
            Hello All,
            Andy, the photos are in the folder called BVR Morgan Works. Hopefully I
            will be able to finish it tomorrow, it looks quite good now I think,
            nearly finished, just turntable (dam it!) and little details so I can
            also finish my article on it. Cheers P-J