New appointments

  • Howard Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      Dear members

      I am pleased to announce that a 'new jigsaw' for the sales operations
      has finally come together.

      The Sales function has been split into 3 roles, Modelling Goods,
      Publications and 2nd Hand. I would like to thank the following for
      volunteering and wish them every success and enjoyment in their new
      roles.

      Alan Rogers - Modelling Goods
      David Charlesworth - Publications
      Vince Beaumont - 2nd Hand

      The stock will be arriving at their respective homes over the next 2-
      3 weeks, so by late November, the Sales operations can resume. Orders
      can be sent by e-mail to sales@... from about November
      for dispatch by the end of the month.

      A full list of the new arrangments will be published in Narrow News
      at the end of the month. This will include a revised policy on postal
      charges. UK Orders over £35-00 will remain post free but orders
      under
      £35-00 will be charged £1-50 postage & packing. Bulky items
      such as
      track and Publciations will be charged postage at cost.Overseas
      orders will also be at cost. In addition the minimum charge for a
      credit card order will be £10-00. The background to these changes
      will be given in the next Narrow News.

      I would like to thank all members for being patient while the Sales
      Department has been closed. I hope you all can appreciate that
      finding the above 3 willing volunteers has been quite challenge. It
      will take a few months for the 3 new Officers to settle into their
      new roles.

      I would also like to announce that Robin Edwards has been appointed
      as 'Extra's Co-ordinator' to help with process ensuring that new
      publications continue to be produced.

      Howard Martin
      Chairman
      2nd November 2000