Re: [7mmnga] Re: couplers

  • John Clover
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 4:05 AM
      At the risk of pushing my luck can I say that to my eye most if not all the prototypes shown in the Files and Photos sections have some form of link and pin coupling from the Hungarian i/c's to the English livesteam.
      The Ruston coupling is obviously a casting  and would need a mill to duplicate but if made more box like could be fashioned with a hacksaw.
      The English livesteamers look the simplest with just a bit of square rod with a pin through it.
      I made chopper couplings for my 1:24 wagons by cutting and filing into some large brass screws.    I bought them cheap at a sale and have never used them from that day many years ago ...except to make the couplers.  2" by 16's    Smaller ones would do for 7mm ... and be cheaper to buy :-)
      johnclover@...
      Dunedin   New Zealand