Canal Boats

  • Vincent Bradley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2002
      Greetings,
      I recently re-read the 5 articles on Canals by Richard Turner in Narrow Lines and wondered whether he was a member of this E-mail group.  This was spured on by a visit to Brian Fayle's layout which features a canal and boats in the foreground.  I would like to add a canal and a boat or two to my home layout and would like some additional information.  Actually I am torn between a lake steamer/dock interchange or a canal theme.  Since my home layout has a lot of unfinished baseboard either one is a viable option.
      Vincent Bradley 1707
    • Dave Balcombe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2002
        Vince,

        Have a look at this website http://www.canalmuseum.org.uk/index.html  It is the London Canal Museum, just down the road from me. Apart from the site itself, there is a narrow boat webring banner at the bottom. Plenty of info and inspiration there.

        Regards

        Dave Balcombe UK

        Website updated 1st of every Month

        http://www.teetering.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

        Outgoing Emails are automatically checked for viruses

      • Vincent Bradley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2002
          Dave,
          Thanks, it looks like the type of thing I have been looking for.  I will try the narrow boat webring also.  I visited the Whitewater Canal in Metamora, Indiana, USA on Saturday.  A lot of atmosphere including an aquaduct several miles of canal and several locks.  The boats certainly wern't narrow by the size of the locks and the reproduction of a reproduction of a canal Packet boat.  They use two Shire horses to pull the boat.  All in all a lot of personal interest is developing in canals.
          Sincerely,
          Vincent Bradley