Re: [7mmnga] Re: Name& Number Plates

  • Andrew Young
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18 4:24 PM
      For works and some nameplates, try Agenoria Models as they produce a range aimed at the North Wales Slate Quarry railways, but something might be suitable.  Have had two sets of name and worksplates and can recommend them highly.

      Andy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19 5:22 AM
        Greetings,
        I recently re-read the 5 articles on Canals by Richard Turner in Narrow Lines and wondered whether he was a member of this E-mail group.  This was spured on by a visit to Brian Fayle's layout which features a canal and boats in the foreground.  I would like to add a canal and a boat or two to my home layout and would like some additional information.  Actually I am torn between a lake steamer/dock interchange or a canal theme.  Since my home layout has a lot of unfinished baseboard either one is a viable option.
        Vincent Bradley 1707
      • Dave Balcombe
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20 1:31 AM
          Vince,

          Have a look at this website http://www.canalmuseum.org.uk/index.html  It is the London Canal Museum, just down the road from me. Apart from the site itself, there is a narrow boat webring banner at the bottom. Plenty of info and inspiration there.

          Regards

          Dave Balcombe UK

          Website updated 1st of every Month

          http://www.teetering.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

          Outgoing Emails are automatically checked for viruses

        • Vincent Bradley
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22 1:18 PM
            Dave,
            Thanks, it looks like the type of thing I have been looking for.  I will try the narrow boat webring also.  I visited the Whitewater Canal in Metamora, Indiana, USA on Saturday.  A lot of atmosphere including an aquaduct several miles of canal and several locks.  The boats certainly wern't narrow by the size of the locks and the reproduction of a reproduction of a canal Packet boat.  They use two Shire horses to pull the boat.  All in all a lot of personal interest is developing in canals.
            Sincerely,
            Vincent Bradley