RE: [7mm NGA] Woodlands Scenics Ballast - was Painting rails/sleepers

  • Vincent Bradley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2006
      I am not sure of the process used by others but I find spraying with wet
      water first using a fine mist then adding the glue/latex paint/water mixture
      with an eyedropper between the ties works well for me. Also, I don't use a
      track rubber to remove the paint from the rails. I wipe it off as I go and
      use business cards to polish the residue. I think the track rubber promotes
      scratches and hence dirt buildup.
      Vincent Bradley, Cincinnati