RTR WW1 Baldwin Gas Mechanical

  • Frank Savery
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      G'Day all,
      You may have missed the mention in the Oct/Nov NARROW NEWS that Backwoods Miniatures are contemplating production of a RTR 7mm scale World War One Baldwin Gas Mechanical Loco, the type that became Moelwyn on the Festiniog Railway.

      I sent in my expression of interest, but, apparently mine was only the 3rd received ~ lots more needed to justify it becoming a reality.

      So, If you'd like this thought to become a reality please e-mail Peter McParlin at sales@...
      and let him know of your interest.

      Ta muchly,
      Frank Savery,
      Tasmania, Australia

    • Vincent Bradley
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
        I missed the announcement. Will it be brass etchings or resin? Would it be
        16.5 or 14? Depending on the answers yes I am interested.
        Vincent Bradley, 1707

        You may have missed the mention in the Oct/Nov NARROW NEWS that Backwoods
        Miniatures are contemplating production of a RTR 7mm scale World War One
        Baldwin Gas Mechanical Loco, the type that became Moelwyn on the Festiniog
        Railway.

        I sent in my expression of interest, but, apparently mine was only the 3rd
        received ~ lots more needed to justify it becoming a reality.

        So, If you'd like this thought to become a reality please e-mail Peter
        McParlin at sales@...
        and let him know of your interest.

        Ta muchly,
        Frank Savery,
        Tasmania, Australia

        scale or thereabouts
        2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although
        3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
        committee
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
          Did they give any indication of price range? I might be interested but the
          cost would be a factor.

          Thanks,

          Dan

          On 11/30/06, Frank Savery <franksavery@...> wrote:

          > G'Day all,
          > You may have missed the mention in the Oct/Nov NARROW NEWS that Backwoods
          > Miniatures are contemplating production of a RTR 7mm scale World War One
          > Baldwin Gas Mechanical Loco, the type that became Moelwyn on the Festiniog
          > Railway.
          >
          > I sent in my expression of interest, but, apparently mine was only the 3rd
          > received ~ lots more needed to justify it becoming a reality.
          >
          > So, If you'd like this thought to become a reality please e-mail Peter
          > McParlin at sales@...<sales%40backwoodsminiatures.com>
          > and let him know of your interest.
          >
          > Ta muchly,
          > Frank Savery,
          > Tasmania, Australia

        • Jeremy Laytham
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
            Hi Dan,

            According to the trade news on the Association website Peter is aiming for a
            price under £250.
            In the message I got from him when I expressed an interest & asked if it
            would be available in kit form (for easier Moelwyn'ising), Peter gave the
            impression that it may come out as a join effort between Backwoods &
            Meridian. With Meridian marketing a kit version & Backwoods handling the RTR
            side, but planning is at an early stage at present so we'll just have to
            wait & see.

            Cheers
            Jeremy

            As an aside to Frank, Peter said that I was the third person to express an
            interest?!?

            On 30/11/06 15:08, "Dan Crow" <gwernol@...> wrote:

            > Did they give any indication of price range? I might be interested but the
            > cost would be a factor.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Dan
            >
            > On 11/30/06, Frank Savery <franksavery@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> G'Day all,
            >> You may have missed the mention in the Oct/Nov NARROW NEWS that Backwoods
            >> Miniatures are contemplating production of a RTR 7mm scale World War One
            >> Baldwin Gas Mechanical Loco, the type that became Moelwyn on the Festiniog
            >> Railway.
            >>
            >> I sent in my expression of interest, but, apparently mine was only the 3rd
            >> received ~ lots more needed to justify it becoming a reality.
            >>
            >> So, If you'd like this thought to become a reality please e-mail Peter
            >> McParlin at sales@...<sales%40backwoodsminiatures.com>
            >> and let him know of your interest.
            >>
            >> Ta muchly,
            >> Frank Savery,
            >> Tasmania, Australia

            This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.
            Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Vincent Bradley" <vince@...> wrote:

              > I missed the announcement. Will it be brass etchings or resin?
              Would it be
              > 16.5 or 14? Depending on the answers yes I am interested.
              > Vincent Bradley, 1707

              As of my conversation with Pete in October it was to be etched brass
              and available in both 14mm and 16.5mm gauges - without the former I
              would not have become No.5 on the list of interested parties!!

              Adrian
              7mmNGA TLO
            • Frank Savery
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
                Hi Again,
                For anyone not familiar with the prototype, you can find a photo of a loco preserved in France at :
                http://appeva.club.fr/imgapp/t33-01.jpg

                Cheers,
                Frank Savery