Obscure bits.

  • Fam. Evans
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 4, 2006
      Hi...

      Does anyone know where I could get 7mm scale air hoses and things such as
      may be seen on a modern locomotive, or people in modern-styled clothing?

      Thanks

      Andy in Germany
      3167
      www.korschtal.blogspot.com
    • Colin Peake
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
        Hi Andy,

        There are some modern figures in the Peter Clark Models range (and a
        host of useful modern lineside details)details here:
        http://www.peterclarkkits.com/figures.htm

        A firm called Modern Motive Power make kits and details for 7mm scale
        diesels, but their website appears to be down. I should think they
        may do air hoses, but ones for standard gauge locos may be a bit on
        the large side for narrow gauge.

        An alternative source may be some made for 4mm scale by Replica
        Railways, I have used these on O9 stock in the past. They are however
        tricky enough to get in the UK let alone from Germany! You can see
        one in this shot: http://colinpeake.fotopic.net/p4050864.html

        All the best,

        Colin Peake

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Fam. Evans" <fam.evans@...> wrote:

        > Hi...
        >
        > Does anyone know where I could get 7mm scale air hoses and things
        such as
        > may be seen on a modern locomotive, or people in modern-styled clothing?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Andy in Germany
        > 3167
        > www.korschtal.blogspot.com

      • Roy Wood
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
          Hi all
          Has anyone any truly viable alternative for a source of 15mm loco wheels. I have some Gibson wheels .... enough said. They look good like all of them but just will not sit true on the axle or hold their back to back measurement.
          What does everyone else use now we can't get Romfords?.
          regards
          Roy Wood

        • geoffloynes
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
            The old RJH range used to include various bits and pieces including
            air brake fittings, don't know who had them or if they are still
            available.

            Quince Valley Designs, which sells O scale American stuff often has
            some useful parts, including plastic windscreen wipers by Atlas.

            GL

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Fam. Evans" <fam.evans@...> wrote:

            > Hi...
            >
            > Does anyone know where I could get 7mm scale air hoses and things
            such as
            > may be seen on a modern locomotive, or people in modern-styled
            clothing?

            > Thanks
            >
            > Andy in Germany
            > 3167
            > www.korschtal.blogspot.com

          • David J. Elliott
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
              Check http://branchlines.blogspot.com/ and read the rebuttal about 15mm
              Romfords.

              David

              _____

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
                Interesting!
                Roy Wood

                "David J. Elliott" <theelliotts@...> wrote:
                Check http://branchlines.blogspot.com/ and read the rebuttal about 15mm
                Romfords.

                David

                _____

                Has anyone any truly viable alternative for a source of 15mm loco wheels. I
                have some Gibson wheels .... enough said. They look good like all of them
                but just will not sit true on the axle or hold their back to back
                measurement.
                What does everyone else use now we can't get Romfords?.
                regards
                Roy Wood

                1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in 7mm:1ft scale or thereabouts
                2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
                3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association committee
                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
                  > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Fam. Evans" <fam.evans@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi...
                  > >
                  > > Does anyone know where I could get 7mm scale air hoses and things
                  > such as
                  > > may be seen on a modern locomotive, or people in modern-styled
                  > clothing?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > >
                  > > Andy in Germany
                  > > 3167
                  > > www.korschtal.blogspot.com

                  Dunno about modern people - not my thing!!
                  The right man to ask - Howard Clarke - is just about to jet off to
                  the Gambia on behalf of his educational charity, so I cannot suggest
                  you send him the question.

                  Vacuum and air hoses can be had, in lost wax cast brass, from both
                  Alan Gibson and Slaters in the UK in both 7mm and 4mm scales.
                  I consider both scales, according to prototype, sometimes finding 4mm
                  components are more in proportion to the model in question.

                  Adrian
                • charles schuster
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
                    G'Day from Oz!

                    Down here we have Kerroby models who do some nice white metal air
                    hoses -- available from "Christmas Every Day" in Queensland. These
                    are in 7mm scale and are very flexible. Also some nice "O" figures.

                    If you can find them "Ian Lindsay Models' has a beautiful set of lost
                    wax brass castings of air hoses. Thes eare used on On30 Puffing Billy
                    rolling stock. Altho' technically 1/48 they are very usable in 7mm!

                    For cast metal figures - From NZ are fine cast white metal figures
                    by "Colonial Miniatures" (?) available from "Berg' Hobbies" in
                    Parramatta NSW - these are in 7mm Scale. Nice ones.

                    Regards,
                    Charles Schuster,
                    HOLT ACAustralia

                    --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Fam. Evans" <fam.evans@...> wrote:

                    > Hi...
                    >
                    > Does anyone know where I could get 7mm scale air hoses and things
                    such as
                    > may be seen on a modern locomotive, or people in modern-styled
                    clothing?

                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Andy in Germany
                    > 3167
                    > www.korschtal.blogspot.com

                  • Stephen Holland
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
                      You could try Ultrascale wheels: http://www.ultrascale.co.uk/index.php
                      I have some under my Wrightlinres Baldwin, but they are not cheap. I find that their crankpins are also better than the Romford ones as they are a larger diameter, thus having a larger bearing surface.

                      Regards

                      Steve

                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
                        David
                        Have read the rebuttal on 15 spoke drivers for 3mm modellers, no mention of
                        15mm diameter.
                        Phil T.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 5, 2006
                          May I suggest that you may wish to check with Andrew Mullins at Branchlines
                          sales@... as he will know.

                          David

                          _____

                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 6, 2006
                              Hi all
                              I've been on to Branchlines and they still have a few
                              15 spoke 15mm Romfords. However, more interesting that
                              that, He has some sample wheels from Poland amongst
                              which appears to be some around 15mm diameter with 8
                              spokes which he is tring to source directly. Sounds
                              promising!
                              regards
                              Roy Wood
                            • Brian Lunn
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 7, 2006
                                --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Fam. Evans" <fam.evans@...> wrote:

                                > Hi...
                                >
                                > Does anyone know where I could get 7mm scale air hoses and things

                                Hi Andy
                                I get my air hoses from Wiseman models in the USA. they consist of
                                whitemetal tap and connector with a length of black flexible hose to
                                assemble yourself. They are probably not the cheapest but they look
                                superb.

                                Regards
                                Brian Lunn

                                p.s. They do not appear on his website you will have to e-mail him for
                                the price. <<kwiseman@...>>
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
                                  I'm just back from holiday. I have an e-mail from someone in Australia
                                  asking if the Shay in Narrow Gauge World is one of mine. I haven't got
                                  Narrow gauge World, and it might be that in view of the occasional
                                  complaints I see from Australia about the time it takes to get magazines to
                                  them, it might not be the current edition.

                                  Has anyone got NGW, is there a shay, is it mine? Clue... are the crew
                                  scantily dressed females?

                                  Then the obvious question, if it is mine, who sent it in, no-one has asked
                                  permission. I don't mind anyone photographing my stuff at shows, but I think
                                  it would be courtesy to ask before publication.

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 19, 2013
                                      Ken,

                                      Try Vintage Carriages Trust at Ingrow on the Keighley and Worth Valley
                                      Railway. They have a room dedicated to back numbers of railway magazines.
                                      They do e-mail and mail order.

                                    • ken.crawley
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 27, 2013
                                        Thank you Frank, this was spot on! The had all but the 83/4 and they were very reasonably priced. They've just arrived two days after I ordered them.

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 27, 2013
                                          Ken, and everyone,

                                          This is a much underused resource, and of course your money goes towards
                                          something railway connected.

                                          I would just warn anyone thinking of going in person:-

                                          Don't always have everything, but a close attempt.

                                          Take more money than you think, you are bound to browse and find something
                                          else interesting.

                                          Take a pullover, even in summer the room is freezing!

                                          Frank

                                          _____

                                          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com <mailto:7mmnga%40yahoogroups.com> , "Frank
                                          Sharp" wrote:

                                          > Ken,
                                          >

                                          > Try Vintage Carriages Trust at Ingrow on the Keighley and Worth Valley
                                          > Railway. They have a room dedicated to back numbers of railway magazines.
                                          > They do e-mail and mail order.
                                          >

                                          > Frank
                                          _,_._,___