Peco Points - measurement of radius

  • Kelvin White
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002
      Greetings List

      How do Peco measure the radius? To the inside rail, centreline of track or
      outside rail?
      Do the useful tracksetta jigs follow the same convention?

      FYI the Peco box only describes the LH, RH & Y as medium radius!

      Best regards

      Kelvin White
      Oxford, England.

      kelvin@...,uk

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 23:54:41 +0100
      > From: "Dave Balcombe" <oldgoat@...>
      > Subject: Re: Peco points
      >
      > cp409067 wrote
      >
      > <Message 625 seems to state that the existing Peco O-16.5 points are
      > (the left and rught hand) of 24" radius. Perhaps I have
      > lisunderstood, but I am of the opinion that this is not the case. I
      > would suggest that they are of considerably greater radius than that.
      > Interested parties would be advised to ask Peco of the specific
      > radius (ie. not just "medium" or somethimng similar) pr to try
      > measuring/calculating an example.>
      >

      > With respect, like most modeller's, I measure twice and cut once. As to
      the radius of these turnouts, it's on the box and in Peco's own catalogue.