RE: [7mm NGA] Re: Help, advice, opinions wanted

  • Alan Rogers
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 1, 2006
      Charles

      That's a very good point. Hopefully Trevor will pick this up and plug the
      gap for you.

      Alan Rogers
      Member 1950

    • Russell Postlewaight
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
        Trevor,

        I thought nothing of it. Out here in New Zealand, railway modelers often use
        the terms English methods, American Methods, Aussie methods, usually in a
        manner to describe where the idea or concept originated, not to infer any
        lacking of quality.

        Regards

        Russell

        _____

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
          Russell,

          Thanks for that. I didn't think much of it either. It just wasn't very
          important to me. But it obviously important to others. I have made my
          apologies, but one of them persists in pestering. I shall ignore and go
          back to corresponding on subjects of more importance..

          In message <001c01c63dd1$ebaa8d00$f902a8c0@PACKARDBELL>, Russell
          Postlewaight <russell.unfire@...> writes

          Trevor Shaw
        • Alan Rogers
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 3, 2006
            Trevor

            I think that, if you reread some of the emails in that thread, you'd find
            that those being so persistent are actually trying to get some idea of just
            what it was that you referred to as 'US Methods' in order that they can
            avoid the same mistake themselves. You've been quite informant in how it
            fell apart but not how it feel together!

            As one of those hanging on for this missing piece of information, and a
            relative beginner railway modeller myself, I don't find phrases like
            'persists in pestering' to be particularly helpful or constructive.

            Regards

            Alan Rogers
            Member 1950

          • Trevor Shaw
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 4, 2006
              Alan,

              Thanks for that. You've convinced me I was wrong. I'll do as you suggest
              and re-read the thread with a view to making a proper reply. I think its
              all somewhere in my wastebasket. I may not reply tonight as it's getting
              a bit late. But I do see what you mean by pointing out that I haven't
              said how we finally built a layout that (just about) works. Bear in mind
              that I'm talking Sn3 here, which I think is much, much harder to get
              working faultlessly than On16.5, for example.

              I'll give you a bit of a preview (no rocket science) -- just code 75
              rail soldered to copperclad sleepers.

              Thanks again for your patient and well reasoned argument.

              In message <000101c63f5b$a81fd4b0$0501a8c0@worker>, Alan Rogers
              <post@...> writes

              --
              Trevor Shaw