Re: [7mm NGA] DCC

  • thirtyinchfan@pearcedale.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2006
      Mac,

      I've read extencively on this subject, and the answer is no, you don't have to rewire. What you do have to do is place insulator rail joiners or gaps at the end (but not the base) of the points. IE the two diverging routes.

      Cheers,

      Michael

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2006
        Hi Mac,
        Have a read of the turnouts section at :
        http://www.wiringfordcc.com/garden.htm
        VERY informative.
        Cheers,
        Frank Savery
        # 177
        > Has anyone any experience with Peco ON 16.5 points and DCC.
        > Do they have to be rewired etc as some pundits suggest, or can they be
        > used without wiring.
        > If there is any info available on this particular points can
        > you 'point' me in that direction please.
        >
        > Mac
        >

        > This group is:
        > 1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in 7mm:1ft
        > scale or thereabouts
        > 2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although
        > membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
        > 3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
        > Association committee
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        > 24/01/2006

      • malcolm9106
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
          Thanks
          It is as I suspected, however I think I have been reading too
          much.... and was getting conflicting information.

          Regards

          Mac.