Re: [7mm NGA] Re: Delayed action tension lock couplers?

  • Graham Spencer
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2005
      Thanks for that, Trevor - I get a 404 error message for that url, but never
      mind! It's not really important - I just wondered if I'd been missing
      anything; I gather they're pretty similar to - possibly even compatible
      with - DGs. Now if someone were to produce a working, remotely operated,
      delayed uncoupling 7mm scale ABC coupler I'd sit up and take notice......

      Cheers
      Happy New Year
      Graham

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
        Graham,

        I believe B&Bs pre-date DGs. B&Bs are fully etched and are assembled by
        folding only. No wire loops to bend or magnetic droppers to solder. As
        you say, I believe they are compatible with DGs.

        B&Bs were originally developed for N-gauge a long time ago by two well
        known modellers of the time whose surnames both began with B. I can't
        remember what those surnames were.

        In message <000601c60e75$7d059c40$c8964454@desktop>, Graham Spencer
        <graham@...> writes

        --
        Trevor Shaw
      • Graham Spencer
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 2, 2006
          Thanks again, Trevor - as I said, it was only idle curiosity, really. In any
          event, that address seems to be the only trace of them. I'm not actually in
          the market for a new type of coupling at the moment, but when I am I'll bear
          the info in mind.

          Cheers
          Graham

          > I believe B&Bs pre-date DGs. B&Bs are fully etched and are assembled by
          > folding only. No wire loops to bend or magnetic droppers to solder. As
          > you say, I believe they are compatible with DGs.
          >
          > B&Bs were originally developed for N-gauge a long time ago by two well
          > known modellers of the time whose surnames both began with B. I can't
          > remember what those surnames were.
          >
          > In message <000601c60e75$7d059c40$c8964454@desktop>, Graham Spencer
          > <graham@...> writes
          > >Thanks for that, Trevor - I get a 404 error message for that url, but
          never
          > >mind! It's not really important - I just wondered if I'd been missing
          > >anything; I gather they're pretty similar to - possibly even compatible
          > >with - DGs. Now if someone were to produce a working, remotely operated,
          > >delayed uncoupling 7mm scale ABC coupler I'd sit up and take notice......
          > >
          > >Cheers
          > >Happy New Year
          > >Graham
          > >
          > --
          > Trevor Shaw
          >

          > This group is:
          > 1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in 7mm:1ft
          scale or thereabouts
          > 2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although
          > 3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
          Association committee
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • andy_and_michi
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 9, 2006
            Hi!

            Excuse me butting in, but I'm intrigued by point eight on your message:

            "I am not a finescale modeller, but rather am concerned with the
            building of small exhibition layouts that can be used to put on a
            (theatrical) performance – if you will to tell a story that is
            evocative, informative, and entertaining."

            Like you I'm not finescale moddeller & I like to use the layout to
            tell a story. I'm always looking for new ideas how to bring this
            storytelling more into modelmaking. Have you any thoughts?

            Andy