Bachman 2-8-0

  • Ned Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2005
      I have just purchased an ON30 Bachman 2-8-0 and I am very pelased with its apprearance but wish the paperwork included with it was a little more helpful. I want to turn the tender from coal bearing to oil tank bearing but can't even find the screws or fixings to remove the coal! I also wish to change the smokebox and chimney. The exploded digaram does not seem to help me make these changes although the loco comes with alll these fititngs with the assumption that we will want o exploit such possibilities. Is the loco fitted with sound? As I have only run it on conventional DC I do not know what to expect?
      Nay other purchasers out there who can shed light onthe subject?
      Ned Williams

    • Ned Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
        Thanks to all the folks who made comments on the new Bachman 2-8-0. As someone pointed out it does all make sense if you sit down and look at it while having a cup of tea. My loco now has a stove pipe chimney, a cow catcher at the front and an oil-burner's tender so I feel much happier. Does anyone have views on the merits of making the coupling between engine and tender a little more permanent so as not to put a strain on those tiny wires and little sockets? Do Bachman have any more 0n30 surprises upt heir sleeves?
        That discussion on couplings got a bit intense! Phew... Meanwhile is there still a colleague out there looking for quayside pictures?
        Happy New Year everyone!
        Ned Williams