Re: [7mm NGA] Leek & Manifold Railway

  • Graham Spencer
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2005
      Gerry, I have a feeling they'd be a tad big to have appeared in NL, unless
      it was at a reduced scale or as a centre spread; they are, however, in NL
      Extra No 2, English Narrow Gauge Railway Drawings, along with the L&M loco
      drawings and the closed van, bogie flat and transporter wagons. Don't know
      whether this is still in print/in stock - David?

      Graham
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 2005
        Agreed, about half way through reading my copy. Thought long and hard about
        it due to the price, but the book is fantastic, worth every penny.
        Everything about the book is good, from the way its written through the
        selection of photos, number of drawings and the presentation of the
        production. Unable to find a fault with the book.

        Andy

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2005
          So that's a potential review for Narrow Lines, then..........:-)

          Graham

          > Agreed, about half way through reading my copy. Thought long and hard
          about
          > it due to the price, but the book is fantastic, worth every penny.
          > Everything about the book is good, from the way its written through the
          > selection of photos, number of drawings and the presentation of the
          > production. Unable to find a fault with the book.
          >
          > Andy

        • hunslett
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2005
            After taking some time off from 16.5 to work on my On3 lumber railroad
            I am againg looking to finish off a corner of my 16.5 layout. I would
            like to build a Quay with a railroad siding and typical buildings. The
            rub is that being in Cincinnati I don't have access to British
            landscapes. Can somebody recomend a book showing quaint mercantile
            building in a Quay setting?
            Thanks,
            Vincent Bradley, 1707
          • Graham Spencer
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2005
              Paul's beaten my candidate - but I'm not sure if multi-volumes count! The
              biggest & heaviest one I own is the Michael Radford work on the railways of
              Cyprus - it technically exceeded my cabin luggage allowance, but Cyprus
              Airways are a co-operative bunch....

              Graham