Re: W.D. Bogie Water Tank (H)

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 30, 2005
      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "charles schuster" <chasschuster@h...>
      wrote:

      > Brian, and All!
      > The kit is listed on the Mercian site but has no picture, yet, and is
      > just a brief entry with cataloge number on the right hand side of the
      > page - very easy to miss!
      > Chazz from Oz.
      > BTW what issue of NG&IR has the Class "H" Water Tank and plan?

      The Mercian catalogue may have no picture at present because the only
      7mm scale version of this kit that has been built so far (as far as I
      know) is the test/proving etch built by me, together with the
      Wrightlines underframe a good few montha ago!

      As drawn for 4mm scale the etch included bits that didn't work in 7mm,
      including etched fabrications for the tank fillers - it is a a result
      of my build that Trevor has gone for casting for these items in the 7mm
      scale kit.

      I can confirm that Frank will take all night to press the rivets on the
      body - but care and patience are essential to get a good looking model.

      I'll be tidying up the notes I wrote for Trevor to form a review for
      Narrow Lines and I'll put a precis here when I've done that.
      At present I'll just say that the kit will make an excellent model of
      these distinctive vehicles.
      If I can get some reasonable digital photos I'll post those, too.

      Adrian
    • charles schuster
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
        Adrian and All,
        Good Evening!
        Thanks for that briefing on the "H", I already have the Wrightlines
        bogies and under-frame awaiting the tank.
        Did the tank sit on the under-frame or was there a wood deck
        underneath?
        What colours (Humbrol, or similar) can be used on the Class "H" WW1
        camouflage scheme?
        Any information will be most useful.
        TYIA,
        Chaz from Oz.

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "adriangrayfr" <adrian@p...> wrote:

        > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "charles schuster"
        <chasschuster@h...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > Brian, and All!
        > > The kit is listed on the Mercian site but has no picture, yet,
        and is
        > > just a brief entry with cataloge number on the right hand side of
        the
        > > page - very easy to miss!
        > > Chazz from Oz.
        > > BTW what issue of NG&IR has the Class "H" Water Tank and plan?
        > >
        > The Mercian catalogue may have no picture at present because the
        only
        > 7mm scale version of this kit that has been built so far (as far as
        > know) is the test/proving etch built by me, together with the
        > Wrightlines underframe a good few montha ago!
        >
        > As drawn for 4mm scale the etch included bits that didn't work in
        7mm,
        > including etched fabrications for the tank fillers - it is a a
        result
        > of my build that Trevor has gone for casting for these items in the
        7mm
        > scale kit.
        >
        > I can confirm that Frank will take all night to press the rivets on
        the
        > body - but care and patience are essential to get a good looking
        model.

        > I'll be tidying up the notes I wrote for Trevor to form a review
        for
        > Narrow Lines and I'll put a precis here when I've done that.
        > At present I'll just say that the kit will make an excellent model
        of
        > these distinctive vehicles.
        > If I can get some reasonable digital photos I'll post those, too.
        >
        > Adrian

      • Ian
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 13, 2011
          All the bits now together except for some very small LEDS.

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "charles schuster" <chasschuster@...> wrote: In comparison with those of my youth the Hornby wheel flanges seem to have shrunk. Unfortunately the price of the MOW has risen to $85.
          I think I'll have to extend the chassis so it sits better under a VW Crew Cab, also adding a decoder. Lok Sound has a VW listed as downloadable.

          Ian