Re: [7mm NGA]Tenshodo WB-31

  • Peter Whitehead
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
      Thanks for the info Kelvin. I have my own lathe so I can have a go
      myself.

      Peter Whitehead
      (2420)

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Kelvin A. White" <kelvin@t...> wrote:

      > Peter
      >
      > The spuds have shoulder axles - ie it steps down in diam when it
      enters the
      > wheel, so without replacing the axle you certainly would have to
      open up the
      > diam of the axle hole in each wheel. A job for a friend with a
      lathe. Has
      > anybody gone the otherway and widened the gauge on a spud to 3/4
      inches?
      > without replacing the axle.
      >
      > Best regards
      >
      > Kelvin White
      > Oxford, England
    • Nigel Auckland
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hi

        I have re-wheeled a Tenshodo from 16.5 to O gauge for an O Gauge Simplex. IT
        was a very easy job and ran like a dream

        Nigel
        > The spuds have shoulder axles - ie it steps down in diam when it enters
        > the
        > wheel, so without replacing the axle you certainly would have to open up
        > the
        > diam of the axle hole in each wheel. A job for a friend with a lathe. Has
        > anybody gone the otherway and widened the gauge on a spud to 3/4 inches?
        > without replacing the axle.
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Kelvin White
        > Oxford, England
        >
        > Email: kelvin@...
        >

        > Message: 17
        > Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:08:41 -0000
        > From: "Peter Whitehead" <petwhitehead@...>
        > Subject: Tenshodo WB-31
        >
        > Has anyone any experience of re-gauging a Tenshodo WB-31 from 16.5mm
        > to 14mm. It looks feasible but the wheels seem tight on the axles and
        > I don't want to completely ruin it.
        >
        > Peter Whitehead
        > (2420)
        >

        > This group is:
        > 1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in 7mm:1ft
        > scale or thereabouts
        > 2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although
        > membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
        > 3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
        > Association committee
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • DLTaylor
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
          That has triggered a memory, Martin Welch did this while building a
          Wrightlines Simplex for standard gauge. He wrote it up in Model Railway
          Journal, but it was a long time ago. I think it was before he became the
          Editor
          Dave.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
            Could you elaborate please?