RE: [7mm NGA] Re: Glyn Valley Tramway Locomotives

  • David J. Elliott
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2005
      Try Branchlines sales@... in Exeter for a suitable chassis, they
      may have a kit for one.

      David

      Victoria BC Canada

      -----Original Message-----
      From: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com [mailto:7mmnga@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      sandyshobby
      Sent: October 13, 2005 03:19
      To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [7mm NGA] Re: Glyn Valley Tramway Locomotives

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Kelvin A. White" <kelvin@t...> wrote:

      > After my message yesterday - I opened my post to find Narrow Lines

      complete with Peco advert for their 'Tramway' loco Ref OL1 and it

      listed in the 7mmNGA sales list at £36.00. But my questions does

      anybody know the prototypes wheel dims and wheelbase dims?

      > Is the Peco body kit accurate, to my eyes it looks a little too

      long - was it strecthed to suit a comercial chassis? How long is the

      kit?

      > I want to model a couple of these locos - with their skirts

      removed!

      > Can somebody please advise on a suitable 0-4-2 (16.5mm) RTR chassis

      with outside cylinders - I can't think of anything appropiate - the

      nearest is Dapol GWR 14XX

      > 0-4-2T but cylinders etc would need to be added.

      > Thanks

      > Kelvin White

      Kelvin

      A quick answer

      Loco was 6'6 1/2 " wide and 15' 8" long over skirts but not buffers

      divided front o/hang 4' 2" - coupled wheel base 4' 3" - to pony wheel

      5' and

      rear o/hang 2'3"

      Driving wheels 2'6" and trailing wheel 1'9" (yes I know it's strictly

      leading wheel but that's how it's described on plan)

      BTW just to complicate things it's an outside framed chassis that

      lurks

      under the skirts

      The 16mmngm egroup on Yahoo have a scan of a 1967 MRN article in

      their files

      section with 4 pages of drawings including one of the boiler and

      chassis - I

      don't think there would be any objection to me passing them on but

      they're

      about 325kb per page

      regards

      Sandy Sanbrook

      > Oxford, England

      > Email: kelvin@t...

      scale or thereabouts

      2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although

      3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
      committee

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Brian Cameron
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2005
        Look a bit further down the sales list, just past Ratio for some odd
        reason, and you'll find Branchlines and a listing for the chassis BL3
        for OL1.

        Measuring the body up, its 110mm long. I can't lay my hands on Milner's
        book to tell you whether that's accurate. My chassi is an 0-6-0 so i
        can't tell you anything about the Branchline wheels.

        Cheers,

        Brian