On14 track gauges

  • rl_trevor
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi
      I'm starting to build a small On14 layout, and wish to use Peco code
      60 rails (representing 20lb per yard) spiked to wooden sleepers. Does
      anyone know of a producer of suitable track gauges?
      brgds
      Richard
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
        Wrightlines do cast white metal gauge, though I think it is intended for
        slightly heavier track. Otherwise Roy Link does an etched brass version.

        I'm starting to build a small On14 layout, and wish to use Peco code
        60 rails (representing 20lb per yard) spiked to wooden sleepers. Does
        anyone know of a producer of suitable track gauges?
        brgds
        Richard

        scale or thereabouts
        2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
        although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
        3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
        Association committee

        o+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&w5=Ho+
        scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=f19Q3X9pY2AZp3CHkNWYZw>
        scale train
        Ho
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+tra
        in&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train
        &w5=Ho+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=F6asK7Ix0wVnB74PfHY
        Ycg> scale model train
        Model
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+trai
        n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&
        w5=Ho+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=qBgsM4EoFI8MvQKulYZ_
        zQ> train n scale

        n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&
        w5=Ho+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=xeLKBZkBSB-tQWBeD7HR
        nQ> scale model train
        Ho
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+trains&w1=G+scale+train&w2
        =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&w5=H
        o+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=0ybvhtrqTgbqmDcSkOOP1w>
        scale trains
        Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&w5=Ho
        +scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=thUHjhzywK2ZJIYcShcTTQ>
        scale trains

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "7mmnga
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7mmnga> " on the web.

        _____

      • David J. Elliott
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
          If you have a friend with a lathe or access to one ask them to turn two or
          more up. Rail slots to mach your rail.
          Alternatively you can use a bolt, two washes to space the rail with a
          smaller diameter washer to space them apart the rail head width and nuts to
          set the gauge. Needs 4 large diameter washers, 2 smaller and 3 nuts (plus
          the bolt round head). Sounds crude but it works.
          I would not recommend white metal as it is too soft.
          I have a pair for 4mm scale bullhead rail set to 14mm gauge which I may not
          use. Contact me off line.
          David
          Victoria BC Canada

          Wrightlines do cast white metal gauge, though I think it is intended for
          slightly heavier track. Otherwise Roy Link does an etched brass version.

          I'm starting to build a small On14 layout, and wish to use Peco code
          60 rails (representing 20lb per yard) spiked to wooden sleepers. Does
          anyone know of a producer of suitable track gauges?
          brgds
          Richard

          scale or thereabouts
          2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
          although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
          3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
          Association committee

          o+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&w5=Ho+
          scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=f19Q3X9pY2AZp3CHkNWYZw>
          scale train
          Ho
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+tra
          in&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train
          &w5=Ho+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=F6asK7Ix0wVnB74PfHY
          Ycg> scale model train
          Model
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+trai
          n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&
          w5=Ho+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=qBgsM4EoFI8MvQKulYZ_
          zQ> train n scale

          n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&
          w5=Ho+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=xeLKBZkBSB-tQWBeD7HR
          nQ> scale model train
          Ho
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+trains&w1=G+scale+train&w2
          =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&w5=H
          o+scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=0ybvhtrqTgbqmDcSkOOP1w>
          scale trains
          Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=G+scale+model+train&w5=Ho
          +scale+trains&w6=N+scale+trains&c=6&s=136&.sig=thUHjhzywK2ZJIYcShcTTQ>
          scale trains

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "7mmnga
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7mmnga> " on the web.

          _____

          scale or thereabouts
          2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although
          3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
          committee
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • John Clutterbuck
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
            Richard

            I use gauges made with bolts & washers as descibed by David and also
            some made from folded over brass strip into which I carefully filed
            slots for the rails and then opened up slightly to form an inverted V.

            I assume the Peco rail you are intending to use is IL-1. You should
            also look at Micro Engineering code 55 which has a better head width
            than the Peco which is very narrow.

            Regards
            John

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "rl_trevor" <richard@t...> wrote:
            > Hi
            > I'm starting to build a small On14 layout, and wish to use Peco
            code
            > 60 rails (representing 20lb per yard) spiked to wooden sleepers.
            Does
            > anyone know of a producer of suitable track gauges?
            > brgds
            > Richard
          • John Clutterbuck
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
              Richard

              Dont forget there is a complimentary group to this one for specific
              O-14 issues at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/O-14

              You will find some useful info including track standards under the
              Files

              Regards
              John

              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "rl_trevor" <richard@t...> wrote:
              > Hi
              > I'm starting to build a small On14 layout, and wish to use Peco
              code
              > 60 rails (representing 20lb per yard) spiked to wooden sleepers.
              Does
              > anyone know of a producer of suitable track gauges?
              > brgds
              > Richard
            • rl_trevor
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
                --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "rl_trevor" <richard@t...> wrote:
                > I'm starting to build a small On14 layout, and wish to use Peco code
                > 60 rails (representing 20lb per yard) spiked to wooden sleepers.
                Does
                > anyone know of a producer of suitable track gauges?

                Many thanks for the replies - sometimes the solution is simpler than
                you realise!
                Richard