Re: [7mm NGA] Re: 7mmNGA Website Gallery

  • Jack TREVES
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 5, 2005
      Hello,

      The site was apparently built with FrontPage. By default FrontPage generate HTML and JavaScript code optimised for Internet Explorer. You should change this in the "tools" menu Compatibility option, select "Internet Explorer 4.0/Navigator 4.0" and I think users of Mozilla or FireFox will have less problems.

      Jack TREVES
    • Brian Cameron
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 5, 2005
        I've just tried it using IE and its fine.

        I use the 'old' version of Mozilla so there's clearly a compatibility
        problem with the browser though I accept that most use IE.

        Cheers,

        Brian
      • Anthony Wood
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 5, 2005
          I use Netscape (7.2 and 8) and have the problem as described. Using IE it is
          OK. There would be quite a few Netscape users I suspect.

          Tony D. Wood
          Aleestrasse 7
          CH8734 Ermenswil
          Switzerland
          Tel:(+41) (0)55 534 7991
          Mobile: (+41) (0)788 973 874

          Email: Tony.D.Wood@...

          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 6, 2005
            I should have mentioned that I use Mozilla too.

            Peter

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Brian Cameron <brian@1...> wrote:
            > My broadband connection displays it exactly the same as Peter
            Whithead's
            > , it may be configuration, I use Mozilla rather than Internet explorer.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Brian Cameron
          • Peter Whitehead
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 6, 2005
              I can't find this as an option on Mozilla Firefox V1.0.4!

              Peter

              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Jack TREVES" <jtreves@r...> wrote:
              > Hello,
              > ....... You should change this in the "tools" menu Compatibility
              option, select "Internet Explorer 4.0/Navigator 4.0" and I think users
              of Mozilla or FireFox will have less problems.

              > Jack TREVES
            • wensleyshortline
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 6, 2005
                --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Whitehead" <petwhitehead@b...>
                wrote:
                > I can't find this as an option on Mozilla Firefox V1.0.4!
                >
                > Peter
                Neither can I in V1.0.6.
                GerryB#2777.
              • Michael Johnson
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 6, 2005
                  I think Jack was referring to programming in Frontpage, not to the
                  browsers.

                  Michael

                  I can't find this as an option on Mozilla Firefox V1.0.4!

                  Peter

                  --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Jack TREVES" <jtreves@r...> wrote:
                  > Hello,
                  > ....... You should change this in the "tools" menu Compatibility
                  option, select "Internet Explorer 4.0/Navigator 4.0" and I think users
                  of Mozilla or FireFox will have less problems.

                  > Jack TREVES

                  scale or thereabouts
                  2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
                  although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
                  3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
                  Association committee
                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Jack TREVES
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 6, 2005
                    You are right !

                    Jack

                  • models@dreamgenius.me.uk
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 7, 2005
                      Peter

                      Jack is referring to the webmaster using FrontPage, not the viewer.

                      Regards

                      Alan