Re: [7mm NGA] Re: 7mmNGA Website Gallery

  • John Dennis
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 5 1:15 AM
      Graham,

      I looked at the code and the home page is displayed as a table, with
      column widths specified as 25% and 75%. I guess that's the width of
      the screen, not the window you are running in, hence it displays OK on
      800x600, but not if you are running your browser in an 800x600 window
      on a 1024x768 monitor.

      The gallery page is almost certainly Firefox related.

      John

      On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:08:15 +0100, "Graham Spencer"
      <graham@...> wrote:

      >John, I don't have any problems at 800 x 600 either - I tend to swap between
      >resolutions depending on what I'm doing, and the site displays OK at either
      >resolution and at both 96 and 120 dpi. I do use IE - I suspect the browser's
      >where the answer lies.
      >
      >Graham

      John Dennis jdennis@...
      Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
      and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
      Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
      WebX http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html
    • Jack TREVES
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 5 1:23 AM
        Hello,

        The site was apparently built with FrontPage. By default FrontPage generate HTML and JavaScript code optimised for Internet Explorer. You should change this in the "tools" menu Compatibility option, select "Internet Explorer 4.0/Navigator 4.0" and I think users of Mozilla or FireFox will have less problems.

        Jack TREVES
      • Brian Cameron
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 5 1:35 AM
          I've just tried it using IE and its fine.

          I use the 'old' version of Mozilla so there's clearly a compatibility
          problem with the browser though I accept that most use IE.

          Cheers,

          Brian
        • Anthony Wood
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 5 2:57 AM
            I use Netscape (7.2 and 8) and have the problem as described. Using IE it is
            OK. There would be quite a few Netscape users I suspect.

            Tony D. Wood
            Aleestrasse 7
            CH8734 Ermenswil
            Switzerland
            Tel:(+41) (0)55 534 7991
            Mobile: (+41) (0)788 973 874

            Email: Tony.D.Wood@...

            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 6 1:50 AM
              I should have mentioned that I use Mozilla too.

              Peter

              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Brian Cameron <brian@1...> wrote:
              > My broadband connection displays it exactly the same as Peter
              Whithead's
              > , it may be configuration, I use Mozilla rather than Internet explorer.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Brian Cameron
            • Peter Whitehead
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 6 1:57 AM
                I can't find this as an option on Mozilla Firefox V1.0.4!

                Peter

                --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Jack TREVES" <jtreves@r...> wrote:
                > Hello,
                > ....... You should change this in the "tools" menu Compatibility
                option, select "Internet Explorer 4.0/Navigator 4.0" and I think users
                of Mozilla or FireFox will have less problems.

                > Jack TREVES
              • wensleyshortline
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 6 4:46 AM
                  --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Whitehead" <petwhitehead@b...>
                  wrote:
                  > I can't find this as an option on Mozilla Firefox V1.0.4!
                  >
                  > Peter
                  Neither can I in V1.0.6.
                  GerryB#2777.
                • Michael Johnson
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 6 5:27 AM
                    I think Jack was referring to programming in Frontpage, not to the
                    browsers.

                    Michael

                    I can't find this as an option on Mozilla Firefox V1.0.4!

                    Peter

                    --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Jack TREVES" <jtreves@r...> wrote:
                    > Hello,
                    > ....... You should change this in the "tools" menu Compatibility
                    option, select "Internet Explorer 4.0/Navigator 4.0" and I think users
                    of Mozilla or FireFox will have less problems.

                    > Jack TREVES

                    scale or thereabouts
                    2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
                    although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
                    3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
                    Association committee
                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Jack TREVES
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 6 9:19 AM
                      You are right !

                      Jack

                    • models@dreamgenius.me.uk
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 7 2:22 AM
                        Peter

                        Jack is referring to the webmaster using FrontPage, not the viewer.

                        Regards

                        Alan