Re: [7mm NGA] Powering a Simplex

  • Brian Rumary
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 30, 2005
      Geoff Baxter wrote:

      > I just had a look at a photo of the Wrightlines Protected Simplex,
      > and it seems to have quite a large superstructure above the frames.
      > Now I don't know what is inside that, but it sort of suggests there
      > is room for the motor.

      There were three versions of the WW1 40hp Simplex. There was the "Open"
      type, with armoured ends and a pedestal roof; the "Protected", like the
      "Open" but with armoured side doors; and finally the "Armoured", which
      was completely enclosed, like a tank.

      You could hide a BullAnt unit in a Armoured unit, and probably a
      Protected loco, but it would be impossible in an Open type.

      Brian Rumary, England

      www.rumary.co.uk