Re: Chivers Finelines O16.5 wagon pictures?

  • martincoombsuk
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 6, 2005
      Pictures uploaded in the album "Martin_coombs" of the Chivers
      small/large/brake vans.
      Small size body:
      L 63mm
      W 38mm
      H 55mm to rail top

      Large size body:
      L 77mm
      W 38mm
      H 60mm to rail top

      Regards

      Martin
    • Nicholas & Laura Burman
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 6, 2005
        Martin, thank you very much, the large van looks very enticing. What are
        the product codes for the vans?

        Cheers Nicholas

        martincoombsuk wrote:

        > Pictures uploaded in the album "Martin_coombs" of the Chivers
        > small/large/brake vans.
        > Small size body:
        > L 63mm
        > W 38mm
        > H 55mm to rail top
        >
        > Large size body:
        > L 77mm
        > W 38mm
        > H 60mm to rail top
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Martin
        >

        > This group is:
        > 1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in
        > 7mm:1ft scale or thereabouts
        > 2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
        > although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
        > 3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge
        > Association committee

      • Peter Cairncross
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 6, 2005
          My thanks to everyone for their help and information, especially to
          Frank for a copy the Howard Clarke review from Narrow Lines number
          152, and to Martin for the pictures.

          These models are just what I need for the next stage of my empire.

          Cheers
          Pete
          Auckland, NZ
        • DLTaylor
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 2005
            Hi Martin,
            Super models, are the dimensions of the open wagons similar to the vans?
            Dave.T

            --On 06 June 2005 20:59 +0000 martincoombsuk <martin-coombs@...>
            wrote:

            > Pictures uploaded in the album "Martin_coombs" of the Chivers
            > small/large/brake vans.
            > Small size body:
            > L 63mm
            > W 38mm
            > H 55mm to rail top
            >
            > Large size body:
            > L 77mm
            > W 38mm
            > H 60mm to rail top
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Martin
            >

            > This group is:
            > 1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in 7mm:1ft
            > scale or thereabouts 2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow
            > Gauge Association although membership of said organisation is thoroughly
            > recommended 3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow
            > Gauge Association committee Yahoo! Groups Links

          • martincoombsuk
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 7, 2005
              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas & Laura Burman <burman@s...>
              wrote:
              > Martin, thank you very much, the large van looks very enticing. What
              are
              > the product codes for the vans?

              Product code for the large van is RC7831, cannot find instructions for
              small van.
              I did shave off the moulded door handles and replace them with nickel
              silver wire.

              Martin
            • martincoombsuk
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 7, 2005
                --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, DLTaylor <DLTaylor@e...> wrote:
                > Hi Martin,
                > Super models, are the dimensions of the open wagons similar to
                the vans?
                > Dave.T

                Hi Dave
                Thanks for the compliment.
                The open wagons share the same floor panel as the vans, so the
                footprint is the same.
                Chivers are also bringing out some bogie flats and bogie open wagons.
                Unfortunately, when I was ordering my box vans the bogie wagons were
                not quite ready, so they will be in my next order.

                regards

                Martin
              • Nicholas & Laura Burman
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 7, 2005
                  I also hope they bring some bogie vans...

                  Cheers Nicholas