FR on M1

  • Kelvin White
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
      I was returning south from Leeds this afternoon, on the M1, near Sheffield going north, was a lowloader with a FR 0-4-0ST complete with tender - full paintjob looked splendid (it was not protected with a tarp or anything). Adrian do you know which engine it was? and from whence and to where it was going? I'm just curious.

      Best regards

      Kelvin White
      Oxford, England

      Email: kelvin@...

    • Paul Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        It was Eric aka Palmerston. Now on holiday on the 2 foot track at the NRM
        for the forthcoming cab it event

        Paul Martin

        _____

        I was returning south from Leeds this afternoon, on the M1, near Sheffield
        going north, was a lowloader with a FR 0-4-0ST complete with tender - full
        paintjob looked splendid (it was not protected with a tarp or anything).
        Adrian do you know which engine it was? and from whence and to where it was
        going? I'm just curious.

        Best regards

        Kelvin White
        Oxford, England

        Email: kelvin@...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ghol35/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1706533813:HM/EXP=1109884667/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
        etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

        :HM/A=2593423/rand=674138917>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Kelvin White" <kelvin@t...> wrote:
          > I was returning south from Leeds this afternoon, on the M1, near
          Sheffield going north, was a lowloader with a FR 0-4-0ST complete
          with tender - full paintjob looked splendid (it was not protected
          with a tarp or anything). Adrian do you know which engine it was? and
          from whence and to where it was going? I'm just curious.

          > Best regards
          >
          > Kelvin White
          > Oxford, England

          Happy to oblige!

          It was Palmerston, going for a short holiday at the NRM, York to
          participate in their 'Cab-It' event.
          Sadly I don't think there will be any carriages this time.
          Palmerston looked so good because he has just emerged from a 10 year
          overhaul and boiler re-tube, followed by touching up of paint and re-
          varnishing.
          We very rarely sheet stock on lorries, flapping sheets can do damage
          and why waste a perfectly good PR opportunity!!

          The NRM Tuesday evening gang, which includes a good few FR White Rose
          Group volunteers, has spent some time over the last few weeks
          bringing the 2ft gauge track, laid for Railfest last year, up to 'FR
          standards' again. Palmerston's older brother, Prince had given it a
          fair beating!! But we would expect to return to any piece of newly
          laid track to fettle and consolidate after a period of use.